• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Before it becomes a topic of conversation this off-season

LinvilleGorge

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It was Rhule. We would've likely still sucked with Stafford. Worst case scenario we would've been just good enough to keep Rhule around.

What happened happened because Rhule was a terrible coach. I mean we also shipped off Perryman, Gano, and Buker who could have helped this team. Rhule made huge mistakes every year. 

49ers more or less have to play trey, they have no draft and even though i havnt looked, I doubt they have enough cap space to a decent QB.

I was driving the trey spaceship and at different points liked him over sunshine, but no chance I would have traded 3 1sts for his rights.....hes going on 2 years and barely played at all. When he has, looked like baker.....

2 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

No one knows we are just guessing and using our terrible fan scouting skills to explain why we like who we like. 

And so far, I don't like anyone.

Said elsewhere that I could probably give you more reasons not to draft somebody than I could reasons to take them. And frankly, this is like the third season in a row that I've felt that way. There's just nobody that really blows me away or says to me "we gotta get this guy".

I suffer from a condition called draftsbustaphobia 😕

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

49ers more or less have to play trey, they have no draft and even though i havnt looked, I doubt they have enough cap space to a decent QB.

I was driving the trey spaceship and at different points liked him over sunshine, but no chance I would have traded 3 1sts for his rights.....hes going on 2 years and barely played at all. When he has, looked like baker.....

That because his his like Baker.  They fuged up giving all that capital for that guy.

9 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Let me just say that if Jimmy G continues to play well and the Niners extend him and shop Trey Lance... no. Just no. Hell fuging no.

But but!! He’s so great!! I kid.. if we had the weapons he had.. besides QB we are missing a great TE .. Kittle is a beast… we used to keep great TE like Shockey, Olsen.. having a great catching TE opens up your offense!! But I agree on Jimmy G never wanted him.. probably will have a meltdown again in the playoffs!

4 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

We probably would not have been offered that much for the 2 when Rhule arrived.  But that is water under the bridge.  What matters is where we go from here.

It does make me nervous if Fitt is in our future. It’s hard for me to feel warm and fuzzy with him around. I firmly believe that anyone and everyone involved in the prequel that was the 2021 debacle should have been sacked.

10 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Said it elsewhere but it bears repeating here...

Scott Fitterer has repeatedly stated his belief that the best strategy for team building is to draft a quarterback and build around them. With Matt Rhule gone, I expect that to be the path we follow.

It could conceivably be with Matt Corral, but I think it's more likely we'll draft someone else this April and focus on them.

Yes! (But please vett them throughly for leadership and off field issues . I.E. Zach Wilson)

13 minutes ago, firefox1234 said:

It does make me nervous if Fitt is in our future. It’s hard for me to feel warm and fuzzy with him around. I firmly believe that anyone and everyone involved in the prequel that was the 2021 debacle should have been sacked.

This draft will tell us what Fitts is about. I think he has learned a lot. 

21 minutes ago, firefox1234 said:

I truly believe everyone is under the microscope.  At least I hope so. With Tepper you don't know what to expect. 

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

I truly believe everyone is under the microscope.  At least I hope so. With Tepper you don't know what to expect. 

I hope so. I don’t want a trigger happy owner but the idea that we should get used to wasting seasons before week 6 is hard to swallow.

We shouldn’t have to wait till we are about to crash and burn before someone realizes it’s time to change course….