• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Before it becomes a topic of conversation this off-season

LinvilleGorge

13 minutes ago, firefox1234 said:

I hope so. I don’t want a trigger happy owner but the idea that we should get used to wasting seasons before week 6 is hard to swallow.

We shouldn’t have to wait till we are about to crash and burn before someone realizes it’s time to change course….

I hate to tell you this but that's exactly what you are going to have to do.  There's no quick fix for this. There's 5 games left to watch these guys prove they should be part of the future.  Whatever happens after that it's an entirely new team with a yet to be determined destiny. 

• Beer 1

19 hours ago, ECHornet said:

I've posted before that I'm a fan of trading back and getting Mayer! Love that idea. Just not with one of the top 5 picks in the draft. I think we can add draft capital and still pick him up somewhere in the #8-10 range. 

I don't think Mayer is going to blow everyone away at the combine like Kyle Pitts did, and he was drafted #4. 

I agree. I just have a feeling we will not be picking in the top 5. I think we will win 3-4 more games which will leave us in the 9-12 pick range, which is where Mayer should go. 

• Beer 1

Not No but Hell no   He's shown me absolutely nothing.  He runs at the first hint of pressure and is probably no better than PJ Walker.

It also doesn't promote that selecting a first round QB is the obvious choice in the draft.

Lawrence has been up and down.

Fields isn't impressive

Wilson seems to be trending down.

Lance looking like a Bust.

Jones barely a half a step ahead of 6th round Zappe.

14 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Not No but Hell no   He's shown me absolutely nothing.  He runs at the first hint of pressure and is probably no better than PJ Walker.

It also doesn't promote that selecting a first round QB is the obvious choice in the draft.

Fields isn't impressive

It's probably too early to make a judgement on any of those guys.  Some guys take a lot longer than others to turn into a good NFL qb.  Geno Smith took 9 years 😉

But last year's draft does show how high the bust potential is on any first round qb we pick.  People assuming that any of them will be an NFL star is just wrong.  I think this is especially true for QB's that come from a program like Alabama or Ohio State where they are surrounded by future NFL draft picks.  I mean we almost have to draft a qb next year, just have to hope we get lucky and get the right combination of coach and qb.   

Edited by Davidson Deac II

1 hour ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Fields isn't impressive

Lol

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Fields isn't impressive

I don’t necessarily agree with this take at all. 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Fields isn't impressive

Blank Stare No Words GIF by Tyler, the Creator