• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Before it becomes a topic of conversation this off-season

LinvilleGorge

In the spirit of the thread title, the Jets have benched Zach Wilson and he'll be INACTIVE for this week's game. A healthy scratch. Wow. That went south FAST.

So, yeah... before anyone suggests trading for Wilson... no. Just no. Hell fuging no. 😂

I loved him as a prospect but the guy still looks like a first day rookie. He's just not developing at all. I'd steer way clear of that.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

In the spirit of the thread title, the Jets have benched Zach Wilson and he'll be INACTIVE for this week's game. A healthy scratch. Wow. That went south FAST.

So, yeah... before anyone suggests trading for Wilson... no. Just no. Hell fuging no. 😂

I loved him as a prospect but the guy still looks like a first day rookie. He's just not developing at all. I'd steer way clear of that.

Plus he's apparently an a--hole...

9 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Tepper wouldn’t allow it he’d lose Nicole 

45 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Reading comprehension a little slow?   What part of this don't you understand?  The great class of 2021 is starting to look weak at best. 

Nah that’s just the face I make when I see some of your terrible takes. Writing off a QB after one game, down on Fields… please keep them coming as it’s getting comical. You also want Corral as our guy right??? Down on a QB after one game, but sold on Corral. 😂

• Flames 2

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Nah that’s just the face I make when I see some of your terrible takes. Writing off a QB after one game, down on Fields… please keep them coming as it’s getting comical. You also want Corral as our guy right??? Down on a QB after one game, but sold on Corral. 😂

Not sure what your love affair with Lance is but many see him as I do.  Heading towards a big bust. I am down on a QB that was groomed for a year that looks absolutely worse than Corral did with a scrub offensive line in his 1st preseason game.

Fields isn't showing much.  His Bears are the same record as us.  Nothing too impressive.

My terrible takes are far more accurate than the Tank Crew and the Corral haters.  

• Poo 1

2 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Not sure what your love affair with Lance is but many see him as I do.  Heading towards a big bust. I am down on a QB that was groomed for a year that looks absolutely worse than Corral did with a scrub offensive line in his 1st preseason game.

Fields isn't showing much.  His Bears are the same record as us.  Nothing too impressive.

My terrible takes are far more accurate than the Tank Crew and the Corral haters.  

1 game lol

3 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I don’t have a love affair with Lance. I just don’t judge players after one game. If I did that I would have wanted Icky gone. You think Lance looked WORSE than Corral?? There is no way you really believe that. Think outside of your emotions on that one…

If you think Fields is the reason the Bears are losing, you aren’t paying attention which seems about right. One player can’t dictate wins/losses in this team sport. I guess CMC wasn’t impressive since we didn’t win many games with him here…

I don’t have a problem with Corral, because it’s also way too early to write him off. I just don’t think our new staff is going to bet their season on a 3rd round injured rookie.

Keep up the good takes Dave!

• Beer 1

19 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I don’t have a love affair with Lance. I just don’t judge players after one game. If I did that I would have wanted Icky gone. You think Lance looked WORSE than Corral?? There is no way you really believe that. Think outside of your emotions on that one…

If you think Fields is the reason the Bears are losing, you aren’t paying attention which seems about right. One player can’t dictate wins/losses in this team sport. I guess CMC wasn’t impressive since we didn’t win many games with him here…

I don’t have a problem with Corral, because it’s also way too early to write him off. I just don’t think our new staff is going to bet their season on a 3rd round injured rookie.

Keep up the good takes Dave!

Fields has really come on the last few weeks. I did read he had a separated shoulder, not a good sign for a player his age with his play style, hopefully he lasts a while. 

• Pie 1

23 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Not No but Hell no   He's shown me absolutely nothing.  He runs at the first hint of pressure and is probably no better than PJ Walker.

It also doesn't promote that selecting a first round QB is the obvious choice in the draft.

Lawrence has been up and down.

Fields isn't impressive

Wilson seems to be trending down.

Lance looking like a Bust.

Jones barely a half a step ahead of 6th round Zappe.

I don't know where you guys get off saying that Fields isn't impressive when everybody on ESPN has been calling him very impressive for the last month. I just don't get it. I'm not trying to be funny, but ex-QBs, ex-coaches, past players and all the analysts are contradicting every Huddler that has said something like you regarding Fields in November. And when you look at what's happened, they're right to contradict that attitude. 

Even one that is being critical of some hyperbole going on surrounding Fields is also cognizant of the fact that Fields has still been impressive. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.windycitygridiron.com/platform/amp/2022/11/14/23458954/chicago-bears-hyperbole-problem-justin-fields-analysis-media-coverage-quarterback-data

Basically, I think that y'all need to chill on the Fields-is-not-impressive talk. For me, it's just another lesson as to why you shouldn't judge these young guys (and sometimes older guys like Geno) prematurely. Context and circumstances do matter.

Edited by top dawg

On 11/22/2022 at 7:28 AM, Mr. Scot said:

Said it elsewhere but it bears repeating here...

Scott Fitterer has repeatedly stated his belief that the best strategy for team building is to draft a quarterback and build around them. With Matt Rhule gone, I expect that to be the path we follow.

It could conceivably be with Matt Corral, but I think it's more likely we'll draft someone else this April and focus on them.

Fitt has also said he likes bringing in a new QB each year. So perhaps he gets both this year.

3 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

1 game lol

The pot calling the Kettle Black. 

You are part of the group that bashes Corral for a poor showing in a PRESEASON GAME with scrub linemen.

Like I said.  He was an understudy for an entire season. Reps all preseason with the starting lineup.  He just doesn't have it.

Save this conversation and I'll eat crow if he turns into something.  I have more doubt about Lance than I do Corral.

Honestly there was probably a sigh of relief in the Niners organization when Lance got hurt. The guy looked awful. Getting injured saved them from having to publicly bench him for a guy they'd obviously tried to move on from. Obviously they would've preferred something a little less extreme than completely grenading his ankle though.

• Pie 1