• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Article: Matt Rhule suddenly is everywhere - May not be getting the attention he expected

WarPanthers89

I wonder if Rhule put this out there to get Nebraska to bite. I never liked this Matt Rhule fella, it all started when it was reported he called the giants after we made our offer as a last chance for them to counter. Maybe it’s more common than I think but it rubbed me the wrong way. 

26 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

I wonder if Rhule put this out there to get Nebraska to bite. I never liked this Matt Rhule fella, it all started when it was reported he called the giants after we made our offer as a last chance for them to counter. Maybe it’s more common than I think but it rubbed me the wrong way. 

It's pretty standard PR tactics. Get your name out there, get people talking about you and set the narrative that can carry you through the interview process. 

What 4 weeks of silence and then he does the PR blitz and bang now he has a new job. 

I never liked him either but this is just business as usually with the same crappy Rhule flavor to it all. 

• Pie 1

49 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

They'd reportedly already made him an offer. He wanted a better one.

6 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

They'd reportedly already made him an offer. He wanted a better one.

Correct but is it best to receive an offer (higher than the giants) from another team and then call the giants and say “hey, they are offering me z amount, can you match?” Doesn’t that seem like he really doesn’t want to come to the team that offered more than NY? 

37 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

Correct but is it best to receive an offer (higher than the giants) from another team and then call the giants and say “hey, they are offering me z amount, can you match?” Doesn’t that seem like he really doesn’t want to come to the team that offered more than NY? 

He didn't. The Giants were his dream job.

But when it came right down to it, the money was what mattered most.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

He didn't. The Giants were his dream job.

But when it came right down to it, the money was what mattered most.

I feel bad for that Nikki lady you posted about earlier. Finally getting rid of him only to show up at your college team..At least he'll be off the national media stage by next week for us normal east coast people to never be heard from again. Until some stupid college game next year at least

• Pie 1