• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How do you feel about CJ Stroud

NAS

3 minutes ago, Varking said:

After separating his should two plays earlier and running the ball on the play before the interception THAT HIT HIS RB IN THE HANDS. 

that was on fields 100%!!! He didnt set his feet and he threw the ball while jumping in the air, and he over threw him....  I get defending a player.... but your defense for Fields and Stroud today is pretty heavy handed with very little supporting evidence. 

They are not good field readers... Some QBs just dont have that ability. 

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 2

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

not as a passer.... he still has the same issues he had last year.... lets not forget the last time Fields dropped back for a pass it was an interception...

Did you see the INT? It was deflected off his guy’s hands. Context is very important with stats.

Just now, TheCasillas said:

that was on fields 100%!!! He didnt set his feet and he threw the ball while jumping int he air, and he over threw him....  I get defending a player.... but your defense for Fields and Stroud today is pretty heavy handed with very little supporting evidence. 

“The ball went off Montgomery’s hands.” The commentator understands.

We absolutely should not consider drafting Stroud.  He is not perfect.  Next year, there will be perfect QBs or us to choose from if we just tank.  If not, there will be the year after that.  All we have to do is tank in 2024 for that chance.  If not......

The best is the enemy of the good, said Voltaire.

I saw enough throws from him today to be okay if he is a Panther next year.  Is he Peyton Manning?  No, but if we are going to wait for the second coming of Peyton Manning out of college we will be waiting for a loooong time.  Does he have work to do?  Sure.....even Peyton Manning did. 

At some point, you take your shots and hope for the best, and we are at that point. 

Or, we keep waiting for perfect.

• Pie 4

that was on fields 100%!!! He didnt set his feet and he threw the ball while jumping in the air, and he over threw him....  I get defending a player.... but your defense for Fields and Stroud today is pretty heavy handed with very little supporting evidence. 

This literally backs what I said. Show me where I lied. 

so weird watching these posters who watch these games hoping to see these players make a mistake (and obsessing over every one) because they so desperately want to avoid drafting a QB

(or draft some mid round future backup they “discovered”)

Edited by Growl
  • Pie 5

Just now, TheCasillas said:

image.thumb.png.6dc4e5eec4a7160b06c6e4bbdd4aa454.pngimage.png.51485bfb6ec3e66595ca219e977d6e5f.png

oh yeah thats on the RB not the QB at all.....

Nobody said Fields wasn’t at fault. I simply added context. He was playing with a separated should, torn ligaments and the ball STILL HIT HIS RB IN THE HANDS. 

Where do I say MONTY was to blame? Where did I say Fields wasn’t to blame?

1 minute ago, Varking said:

This literally backs what I said. Show me where I lied. 

I didnt say you lied... I just said you have had little suporting evidence. You have been speaking in opinion today. When offered data .. you have used your opinion as an outweighing point. That's all Im referring to.

I get it, I am the same way when Im out drinking at a bar talking sports, so I assume thats what you are up to today. 

• Beer 1

Just now, Varking said:

Nobody said Fields wasn’t at fault. I simply added context. He was playing with a separated should, torn ligaments and the ball STILL HIT HIS RB IN THE HANDS. 

Where do I say MONTY was to blame? Where did I say Fields wasn’t to blame?

That quote wasnt to you.... it was to the other poster that said it was the RBs fault... 

Are You Serious Black Man GIF by ScooterMagruder

I didnt say you lied... I just said you have had little suporting evidence. You have been speaking in opinion today. When offered data .. you have used your opinion as an outweighing point. That's all Im referring to.

I get it, I am the same way when Im out drinking at a bar talking sports, so I assume thats what you are up to today. 

None of what I wrote was opinion about that play. 

Fact: He was playing with a separated shoulder.

Fact: He separated it two plays before this pass.

Fact: He ran the ball on the next play.

Fact: The ball still hit his RB in the hands.

Fact: I never said it was a good throw. 

Fact: I never said Monty was to blame.

Fact: I never said Fields wasn’t to blame. 

Edited by Varking

1 minute ago, Varking said:

None of what I wrote was opinion about that play. 

Fact: He was playing with a separated shoulder.

Fact: He separated it two plays before this pass.

Fact: He ran the ball on the next play.

Fact: The ball still hit his RB in the hands.

Fact: I never said it was a good throw. 

Fact: I never said Monty was to blame.

Fact: I never said Fields wasn’t to blame. 

dude... im just going to stop you now because you are trying to have too many conversations with me at once, and the topics are blending and its triggering you. Go back to whatyever you were doing that made you happy, because this is not it.