• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How do you feel about CJ Stroud

NAS

The jury is still out, waiting for Michigan and their post-season. But, barring some implosion I'm find with Stroud if he is available when we pick.  The article says he is steadily improving, and I have read similar observations elsewhere. 

People are throwing darts at all these guys as if we have some great alternative.  We have one QB on the roster for 2023, and thanks to our former leader, we know absolutely nothing about him.  The rest of the 2022 cast of characters is not worth bringing back.  They're not even credible backups.

I don't watch much college football.  But we need somebody, and that somebody is not going to suddenly appear out of thin air. We are driving down a state highway, the gas gauge is on empty, it has been on empty for the last 30 miles, and some are wanting to pass the station that is coming up on the right because, well, that gas is not what we normally try to use. 

Hell, after this year I might say that we aren't driving down the road on empty, the car is on the side of the road and we are walking on the shoulder, two miles west of the car, gas can in hand, and approaching that same station.  Given our situation, whether the sign over the station has the scallop shell, dinosaur, or just says "gas" we have little choice but to put a couple of gallons in the can and hope for the best.  We can fill the tank up with what we want later if need be.

That's the price for following The Process in his fantasy that he could bring flawed QBs back from the dead.  It leaves you stranded on the side of the road.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Cdparr7 said:

I believe he has the most single reads in the NCAA or close to it.

My brother is a diehard OSU fan and says he plays scared and is nowhere near what Fields was. 

From what I can tell, he just fits really well into Ryan Day’s system. Nothing about him really pops out at me. 

...Ima big Bucks fan and watch every game they play. This kid is one  dimensional, he can pass, thats it. Poor reads, runs a 6.0 40 and no freakin heart. If you watch a game, and or, watch QB School on Stroud you'll hear them countless times say the 'offensive architecture' of this OSU team is phenomenal...Thats code for 'product of the system'. There is a particular dumbass on this forum that will sht rep me for my negativity on Stroud but I'll let him speak for himself... this kid is a total bust in the NFL.... and if he wins the Heisman...run. We need a qp with some mobility that can keep defenses honest.. whoever that is in this draft.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah gotta see him against Michigan and whatever bowl/playoff games. They really didn't play anyone this year aside from Notre Dame and Penn St. I ultimately would want to see how he would respond against Georgias Defense. 

...I'm worried about this game...if he wants to change my opinion of him  this is the game.... I'm bracing for a let down. Dey will get out coached and Stroud cannot carry a team. Hope i'm wrong.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Pimpdaddy said:

...Ima big Bucks fan and watch every game they play. This kid is one  dimensional, he can pass, thats it. Poor reads, runs a 6.0 40 and no freakin heart. If you watch a game, and or, watch QB School on Stroud you'll hear them countless times say the 'offensive architecture' of this OSU team is phenomenal...Thats code for 'product of the system'. There is a particular dumbass on this forum that will sht rep me for my negativity on Stroud but I'll let him speak for himself... this kid is a total bust in the NFL.... and if he wins the Heisman...run. We need a qp with some mobility that can keep defenses honest.. whoever that is in this draft.

I can’t tell if this is joking or not when talking about him running a 6 second 40

• Pie 1

Off topic, but to all the people that said tank for Maye and take him #1 next year need to mute themselves for a while. I think GT gave the blueprint for how to play him and NC St. is doing the same thing to shut him down. Just keep him in the pocket and he is not going to hurt you - you don't even need to sack him, just have the DEs contain rush and he will still run out of the pocket for no reason.

1 minute ago, Aussie Tank said:

If we take Stroud I really want to go the Joe Burrow route and pair him with his top dog from College the year after Mr Marvin Harrison Jnr. 

He won’t be available till the next draft 

LOL at posters here questioning Stroud with what we have seen here lately at QB

Edited by Shocker