• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How do you feel about CJ Stroud

NAS

Seems like Stroud is good at hitting all the throwing nets, can probably get the ball in the trash cans at the pro days or whatever they do, but that's like 1/3rd of the job for a franchise QB. I really don't love the top 10 of this draft class in general. Immediate impact would be Anderson, Carter, RIngo, maybe one of the WR's, and maybe that TE Mayer but I'm not totally sold he'll translate

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

46 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I thought Mac Jones was a 3rd round prospect. I just saw him as a likely high end backup NFL QB I never watched him and saw a legit NFL starter. The arm talent just isn't there.

Yeah he's like Stroud with a less impressive arm. Jones on this Bama team would have looked horrible, probably same for Stroud. 

3 hours ago, stbugs said:

Actually, if you want to get it correct, one more loss in 2020 would have gotten us Herbert instead of Brown. In 2021 one more loss would have gotten us pick 3 instead of Horn. That means we would have gotten 3 firsts and a 2nd from SF.

If you are going to act like better picks are bad, at least get the facts right. Thanks a bunch.

Beautiful rebuttal 

11 hours ago, cookinbrak said:

Stroud has been spoon fed victories because Ohio State is always stacked. It's easy to play well when you're ahead by 30. But when he gets a little adversity, he folds. He couldn't carry a team.

He's getting dragged on Twitter right now. 

https://twitter.com/GriffinStrom3/status/1596619894841147392?s=20&t=wo5GaEdU9GvacbPulrkepg

10 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Seems like Stroud is good at hitting all the throwing nets, can probably get the ball in the trash cans at the pro days or whatever they do, but that's like 1/3rd of the job for a franchise QB. I really don't love the top 10 of this draft class in general. Immediate impact would be Anderson, Carter, RIngo, maybe one of the WR's, and maybe that TE Mayer but I'm not totally sold he'll translate

I agree on the top-10 overall comment.  Addison & Johnson are awesome at WR, Carter at DL most of the time, but it's pretty thin with the tier-1 talent.  

Not a big Bijan fan, same w/Anderson.  Not a really top heavy draft.  No legit 3-down DLs (Maybe Murphy, but Hutch/Walker/Thib are above all these guys), no runaway plug in LTs, no stellar DBs like the past few drafts (Ringo is alright but not Sauce/Horn/Surtain level), big question marks on QBs.

• Beer 1

29 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

I read some of that thread. People were blaming everyone but Stroud for the loss with the minority saying he's overrated. It was like reading this place when Cam was the Panthers' QB and they lost a game.

• Pie 1

No different than Fields. Yesterday showed this against better competition. This is with every Ohio State QB. I'm kinda digging the QB from Southern Cal. But, unless we get a franchise QB in the top 5, the dumpster diving in third round just occured last year and Corral needs to play. We are fortunate to have a solid offensive line for the most part, unlike Jets, Texans, etc so there's more of a chance for success whoever is back there. I still think it's Bryce Young or out.