Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Dan Graziano: Panthers interested in Frank Reich


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

His dad Monte was a coaching legend.  So, I could see that, but Lane hasn't gone without his own share of bumps in road.

yeah in a conversation where coaches to come around eventually sometimes as soon as their second job... I could see Lane being one. He was brash and hard headed earlier in his career.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

Would be a dumb hire. This team needs a fresh untarnished coach. Someone who actually deserves a head coaching shot, and just keeps getting passed over. Plenty of them that deserves their shot before Frank gets another one. 

Untarnished? Frank Reich was the actual adult in the room and ownership wanted roster control.

He made pretty good lemonade out of lemons. Is Tepper as batsh*t as Irsay? No. This would be greener grass for a offensive minded coach with head coaching experience like Frank Reich.

Oh, and legacy, Panthers legacy, he brings that. If he can get the Panthers back to 1996 form like when he was bleeding for the black and blue. Win win.

Reich being let go by the crazy man may be a blessing in disguise for both the Panthers and Reich. It's a match.

Edited by rippadonn
Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2022/11/7/23445739/indianapolis-colts-fire-frank-reich-reaction-jim-irsay-chris-ballard-jeff-saturday

 

Decent read in how firing Reich was a big mistake made by an owner who has no clue what he's doing and makes rash, irrational decisions based on whatever emotions his drunk ass is feeling. Hiring Jeff Saturday only solidifies the idea irsay doesn't know what he's doing. 

It also lays blame on the GM who is, on record, committed to NEVER drafting a QB because he's afraid of failing and being run out of town. 

Reich hasn't done great but he's done better with the same kind of sucky QB carousel we've had here. His offense has done well  considering the poo QBs he's had and adapted each time to their strengths. 

He's not top on my list and would prefer we went with a fresh untried face, but I wouldn't hate it at all if we decided on Reich.

The problems we've faced here has largely been the result of having a bad coach with too much control. The problems the colts have had has been from having a drunk irrational owner and a GM without a spine.

Edited by rayzor
Lol forgot to add the 🔗 no to the article
  • Pie 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Snake said:

I mean does Tepper really want a retread that couldn't make it to 500 and couldn't find a QB. 

As someone else mentioned, you got his record wrong.  But being a retread worked for Pete Carroll, Andy Reid, Dick Vermeil, and Bill Belichick.  It's certainly better than hiring a college coach.   

Edited by Davidson Deac II
  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

Yeah, I dont recall him saying anything about replacing the GM. He did come up short on stating the Fitt will be the GM, but it was reported afterwards that Fitt does not have a warm seat. I expect Fitt, and outside council to be involved in the coaching search. 

Outside counsel hopefully including (or being) Kevin Colbert.

  • Pie 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Outside counsel hopefully including (or being) Kevin Colbert.

Maaaaan that would be the dream…. We would probably get good at drafting receivers if Colbert had say in our scouting process, ha.

Edited by TheCasillas
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

yeah in a conversation where coaches to come around eventually sometimes as soon as their second job... I could see Lane being one. He was brash and hard headed earlier in his career.

I'd give Lane Kiffin a shot. NFL pedigree. Former NFL HC. His QB is already here so it should be plug and play between Kiffin's offense and Matt Corral.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

I'd give Lane Kiffin a shot. NFL pedigree. Former NFL HC. His QB is already here so it should be plug and play between Kiffin's offense and Matt Corral.

I don’t think he would run the same RPO simplistic offense in the NFL. He has to do that at Ole Miss to counter the talent deficiencies in his roster vs top SEC schools. Also I think he is going to be Auburn’s next HC. 

  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

Decent read in how firing Reich was a big mistake made by an owner who has no clue what he's doing and makes rash, irrational decisions based on whatever emotions his drunk ass is feeling. Hiring Jeff Saturday only solidifies the idea irsay doesn't know what he's doing. 

It also lays blame on the GM who is, on record, committed to NEVER drafting a QB because he's afraid of failing and being run out of town. 

Reich hasn't done great but he's done better with the same kind of sucky QB carousel we've had here. His offense has done well  considering the poo QBs he's had and adapted each time to their strengths. 

He's not top on my list and would prefer we went with a fresh untried face, but I wouldn't hate it at all if we decided on Reich.

The problems we've faced here has largely been the result of having a bad coach with too much control. The problems the colts have had has been from having a drunk irrational owner and a GM without a spine.

The biggest problem is we've never had a great QB coach/OC. 

Having been through Matt Rhule I'd want to stay far away from upstarts at this time. We need an experienced NFL coach to get the most out of all three phases.

Frank Reich

Lane Kiffin

Jim Harbaugh

All these guys have NFL head coaching experience and are offensive minded.

 

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

I don’t think he would run the same RPO simplistic offense in the NFL. He has to do that at Ole Miss to counter the talent deficiencies in his roster vs top SEC schools. Also I think he is going to be Auburn’s next HC. 

He should at least talk to us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Davidson Deac II said:

As someone else mentioned, you got his record wrong.  But being a retread worked for Pete Carroll, Andy Reid, Dick Vermeil, and Bill Belichick.  It's certainly better than hiring a college coach.   

I didn't get his record wrong. You guys just cherry picked his entire career record and not what happened this season. He was fired for this season. I rather take Wilks than this guy. He's already peaked and is going down. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


  • Christian Mccaffrey Football GIF by Carolina Panthers

     

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Fingers crossed winning pointless games don’t cost us another Justin Herbert 
    • When we hired Rhule we expected 5-11 season but what we didn't expect was the following year to be 5-12.  We definitely didn't want to see 5-12 for a third year in a row.  Winning brings an attitude.  We finish strong it gives the players something to believe in over the course of the offseason.   Secondly, these games aren't meaningless to the players.  They still have a shot at going to the playoffs. Winning or losing record.  Making the playoffs are a goal for every team, regardless of the record.  Once you are in the playoffs everyone is equal.  A team that sucks in the beginning of the year could be totally different come playoff time.  Players love the underdog role and who knows what will happen.  These games don't become meaningless until we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.  The only meaningless interpretation comes from fans who have given up on the season.  This usually happens in here about week 5 lately.   None of us, whether we are Pro or Con on Corral know what will play out.  We all assume that we'll draft a QB this offseason.  Mostly because we want the shiny new toy since Corral was an afterthought pick in the 3rd round.  Our new coach or Wilks may like what we have in Corral.  They may think we could address another position that will make us stronger and choose a QB later on, if we choose one at all.  I know I am talking to a wall, but the tanker fans really need to understand who's playing the game.  It's not some fatboy sitting on the couch with a controller in his hands.   These are real young men that have spent their entire lives working to get to the NFL.  Players and coaches don't give a damn about our draft position.  As a fan we should embrace that our team wants to win and deal with the draft in April. 
    • Please give us some sort of discount 
×
×
  • Create New...