• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ellis Williams. Char observer on top 4 QBs Note, This is not in depth

Varking

3 minutes ago, bythenbrs said:

Any bridge FA veteran that can walk and chew gum at the same time. Corral may or may not make the roster next year; I’m indifferent either way.  Camp competition will sort that out.  

Where we appear to differ, I don’t think a really good HC and OC will risk ruining the rookie QB by throwing him to the wolves his first season.  Too many draft capital at risk to do that.  JMO, YMMV

Lots of factors. Depends on the FO power, the HC, OC, QB we drafted, QB roster, etc.

I just don't see any way that Richardson could possibly help us in the short term. That doesn't seem like a 1st round type of move considering where we will likely be drafting.

9 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

El OH EL at people shitting on Corral and doubting him being on the roster next year. 

Well if we draft a rookie in the first and whoever our next HC we get wants to bring in their own vet that knows their system. I could easily see Corral being dumped it’s not the smartest roster construction having 3 QBs in the 53. We’d try and stash him on the PS but another team with an established starter might pinch him to try and develop. 

• Pie 1

14 hours ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Richardson has a ton of physical talent but he’s a long way from being a franchise QB in the NFL.  It’s not impossible that he makes that leap, but I wouldn’t bet on it happening with this Panthers organization unfortunately.

I keep seeing this, but we will have an entirely different coaching staff in a few months. No way to know how QB friendly it will be. 

6 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Lots of factors. Depends on the FO power, the HC, OC, QB we drafted, QB roster, etc.

I just don't see any way that Richardson could possibly help us in the short term. That doesn't seem like a 1st round type of move considering where we will likely be drafting.

I am intrigued by AR, but he does not seem like a top 5-10 pick right now. You're right. Now, if he falls to the 2nd...

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I was bartending for the World Cup so I missed the second half once the Mexico game started, did Stroud drop off? Seemed like they started off pretty safe with the screen passes, that first td throw was nice

I was too busy to catch much of it but from what people are saying it sounds like he had a rough second half.

Any thought to getting a vet QB, seeing what Corral has, and grabbing Hooker/Ward/McCall/Penix on day 2 or 3? I like Bryce but his ceiling might be a PJ that doesn't turn the ball over. I like Richardson but it's so hard to evaluate him being surrounded by a horrible team, bad WR's, D sucked, possibly injured because they wouldn't let him run, tons of upside and he looked like the only NFL player on his team but big gamble for a guy that needs to sit for a year

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

The person who posted the tweet is suggesting they return to a staff that hasn’t developed them. It just doesn’t make sense to me. 

He's basically saying Stroud isn't good enough for the NFL yet.

Pauline is a pretty well known draft analyst, but this isn't a widely held opinion.