• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sources: Nebraska working to hire Matt Rhule as coach

TheSpecialJuan

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

8 years?  Jesus Christ thats insane

I thought his template was getting reject athletes and coach them up, at NU he is going to get the cream of the crop and fug it up

Apparently they offered him a contract earlier in November and he turned it down, they came back this week with a bigger # and more years plus more assistant money and he accepted. I'd not be shocked if it's like 8+m a season plus 4-5m for assistants. Lol

1 minute ago, carpanfan96 said:

And because of his contract here, the Panthers are basically paying him to coach at Nebraska the first 4 years. 😂🤣😂

Are you seeing that somewhere because there’s offset language that basically the panthers are only on the hook for the difference in guaranteed money And if Nebraska offers more guaranteed than owed it’s a wash an panthers owe nothing.

Just now, Panthercougar68 said:

Are you seeing that somewhere because there’s offset language that basically the panthers are only on the hook for the difference in guaranteed money And if Nebraska offers more guaranteed than owed it’s a wash an panthers owe nothing.

From the athletic article on the hiring. Says part of the reason the AD at Nebraska wanted Rhule was because of the Panthers contract making him a relative bargain the first 4 years. 

His salary for remaining years are offset by what his Nebraska contract is.  So it all depends on what they paid him.  Basically,  our contract gives a nice fluff but I imagine he's still getting paid nicely by them.  We probably got out of 20-25 mil of the 40 remaining. It's all Teppers money anyways.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

From the athletic article on the hiring. Says part of the reason the AD at Nebraska wanted Rhule was because of the Panthers contract making him a relative bargain the first 4 years. 

Hmmm I don’t that’s fully accurate but I also don’t know the language of his contract but here is Florio’s take.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/10/10/david-tepper-was-wise-to-not-delay-the-inevitable-with-matt-rhule/amp/

Beyond the obvious fact that there’s no reason to wait, the move puts Rhule immediately in play for one of the various head-coaching jobs that will be available at the college level. With the Panthers getting a dollar-for-dollar credit against Rhule’s buyout on what he makes elsewhere, it’s in Tepper’s financial interests to put Rhule in position to have a land rush for his services.

2 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

His salary for remaining years are offset by what his Nebraska contract is.  So it all depends on what they paid him.  Basically,  our contract gives a nice fluff but I imagine he's still getting paid nicely by them.  We probably got out of 20-25 mil of the 40 remaining. It's all Teppers money anyways.

That’s my thinking

14 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Jeff Nixon will probably be the first to go with him.

No clue on who Matt will hire as a DC…none…I have no one in mind who would be his DC (sarcasm)

5 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Evan Cooper found his next job I see lol. 

Nixon, Cooper and Snow all make sense. So do Siravo, Lombardi and all the lower level assistants.

If he somehow manages to steal someone valuable like Campen or Tabor I'm gonna be pissed beyond belief 🤬

• Beer 1