• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darnold is the best QB on this team

onmyown

Just now, Catsfan69 said:

Maybe. But we can believe in Santa for a while longer

No one with any sense believes in Sam Darnold, including the Panthers.

The playcalling told that story all game long.

Glad he didn't screw it up against the worst team we will face all season. Especially one that every Panthers fan should hate with a passion.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

23 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

He played well. Why wouldn't you watch?

I've never missed an actual game in history.

I miss a fair amount these days live.  Kid sports get in the way during the first half of the seasons lately.  That’s not the case right now though. 

but I’m not going to miss out on things to sit at home and watch a interim HC finish out a losing season with Sam Darnold at QB.   Team isn’t offering enough to the fans for that trade off right now IMO.   So I’ll just follow on the ticker and wait for the new era to get excited about.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Glad he didn't screw it up against the worst team we will face all season. Especially one that every Panthers fan should hate with a passion.

Realistically he could come crashing down.

Like I said the only guy I like in the draft is Penix so we might as well hope Sam turns it on.

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

More physical tools than Richardson and Levis?

You look at his arm. He can make every elite level throw. His problem is upstairs. Now if I could pair Cam's processing with Sam's body we'd be set.

And running wise doesn't he have at least one 50yd td run in the NFL? Not college the NFL.

1 minute ago, Catsfan69 said:

You look at his arm. He can make every elite level throw. His problem is upstairs. Now if I could pair Cam's processing with Sam's body we'd be set.

And running wise doesn't he have at least one 50yd td run in the NFL? Not college the NFL.

I want to see you post Sam has more physical tools than Anthony Richardson. I need a good laugh…

• Flames 3

4 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Realistically he could come crashing down.

Like I said the only guy I like in the draft is Penix so we might as well hope Sam turns it on.

He didn't play well enough to have much of a fall. 

You can wish in one hand and poo in another but the fact is that Sam Darnold won't be our QB next season and it's extremely unlikely he is on this roster at all.

May as well just watch the rest of the season play out and not get too emotionally invested in our struggles or successes. 

It's going to be a wild offseason, I suspect. 

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yep! They “PJed” him big time. Limit his throws to 19 and celebrate he completed 11 of them without a turnover. That’s a successful Darnold outing!

• Pie 2

15 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

I like the USC kid.

See Richardson Cam Fields are all inaccurate. 

The kid from USC Penix Maye

Mahomes Young Staubach can throw.

If your QB doesn't have the ability to win from the pocket regardless of his ability to Run then yes you are going to have a hard time winning. 

Cam while a dominant scorer inside the 10 didn't have the throwing ability to put the team on his arm. He had to run to be fully effective. Same thing will happen with Richardson. 

The reason I love the USC kid is he runs to buy time and keeps looking to throw until he hits the scrimmage line. He reminds me of Mahomes.

Yes I never ever want a Cam style player again. He fell so far short of his potential it's criminal. 

Newton fell short because the team failed to adequately build around him and relied on his abilities rather than maximize them. You only want a QB that fits into your box it won't happen and we will have another that will make you squirm. I'll be happy to see it.

• Beer 2