• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darnold is the best QB on this team

onmyown

I liked how solid Sam was in the pocket. He didn't rush his progressions and moved laterally or up the pocket to create a throwing lane. He kept looking downfield and looked comfortable which is not something I associate with him. .Maybe watching other guys play for really the first time in his career and studying defenses will pay off.  Lets what happens when the heat gets turned up.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

People put a lot of weight on his performance “without pressure” last year, indicating he was worse the longer he had to throw.

But when your line sucks and you get hit a lot, you expect the pressure, even when it doesn’t get to you. 

He consistently had time to throw, and had a nice pocket to move in today. And by result, he looked the most calm and collected of any QB this year for us. 

I’m rooting for him to play well down the stretch, and to be put in a situation to show why he was highly regarded coming out of USC. 

It’s not likely, but it would be a nice story to get behind. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

For the record, I did watch the game today. Thought breaking out the ol' Darnold jersey, but didn't want to jinx him. The weekend I bought that from BOA, was a miserable game that absolutely sucked the life out of me. 

I enjoyed seeing Sam find some comfort, and some rhythm.  Ultimately he played well enough for us to stay undefeated at home since Wilks took over.  

This is what execution is suppose to look like. 

Good win. 

I hope he gets to start the rest of the season.  

• Pie 1

49 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

I liked how solid Sam was in the pocket. He didn't rush his progressions and moved laterally or up the pocket to create a throwing lane. He kept looking downfield and looked comfortable which is not something I associate with him. .Maybe watching other guys play for really the first time in his career and studying defenses will pay off.  Lets what happens when the heat gets turned up.

Statistically that's the best defence he'll play this year.

4 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Statistically that's the best defence he'll play this year.

They didn't blitz a whole lot and Sam threw it away or dumped it off. He played smart but the noise in Seattle and the pressure Pittsburgh has historically applied are ahead. Let's see how he progresses. I am looking forward to it.

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, Catsfan69 said:

I like the USC kid.

See Richardson Cam Fields are all inaccurate. 

The kid from USC Penix Maye

Mahomes Young Staubach can throw.

If your QB doesn't have the ability to win from the pocket regardless of his ability to Run then yes you are going to have a hard time winning. 

Cam while a dominant scorer inside the 10 didn't have the throwing ability to put the team on his arm. He had to run to be fully effective. Same thing will happen with Richardson. 

The reason I love the USC kid is he runs to buy time and keeps looking to throw until he hits the scrimmage line. He reminds me of Mahomes.

Yes I never ever want a Cam style player again. He fell so far short of his potential it's criminal. 

But Darnold is inaccurate. His career completion % is slightly lower than Cams.

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, Catsfan69 said:

I like the USC kid.

See Richardson Cam Fields are all inaccurate. 

The kid from USC Penix Maye

Mahomes Young Staubach can throw.

If your QB doesn't have the ability to win from the pocket regardless of his ability to Run then yes you are going to have a hard time winning. 

Cam while a dominant scorer inside the 10 didn't have the throwing ability to put the team on his arm. He had to run to be fully effective. Same thing will happen with Richardson. 

The reason I love the USC kid is he runs to buy time and keeps looking to throw until he hits the scrimmage line. He reminds me of Mahomes.

Yes I never ever want a Cam style player again. He fell so far short of his potential it's criminal. 

Not picking on you but if you are indeed a QB guru you should probably at least say Caleb Williams and not “the USC kid”

Just some advice there

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, panthers55 said:

Seattle will score points, but their D-line shouldn't intimidate any QB very much so he has no reason not to sling it to stay in the game. After watching some horrible college football this weekend and us rushing all game long, I'm ready to see some Qb's carve it up asap!

5 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Not picking on you but if you are indeed a QB guru you should probably at least say Caleb Williams and not “the USC kid”

Just some advice there

That and the simple fact that both Cam and Fields have a higher career completion % than Staubach who he is claiming is more accurate… He is just pulling poo out of his ass like when he said Josh Allen isn’t a dual threat QB or Darnold is more physically talented than Richardson. It’s complete nonsense.