• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darnold is the best QB on this team

onmyown

1 hour ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

If he didn't double clutch that was probably going to be a pick 6.   He also missed a wide-open DJ that probably would have scored.

He had some mistakes today that he got away with because our running game was on display.

It was the double clutch that almost caused the pick. Had he not done that, it is probably a completion. He didn't freeze Surtain, Surtain broke on the ball perfectly.

• Beer 2

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

It was the double clutch that almost caused the pick. Had he not done that, it is probably a completion. He didn't freeze Surtain, Surtain broke on the ball perfectly.

I don't agree.  As you said Surtain wasn't fooled.  From the replay Surtain had a clear path to undercut the throw, by double clutching, it prevented the Int but also prevented the completion.

• Pie 1

Just now, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I don't agree.  As you said Surtain wasn't fooled.  From the replay Surtain had a clear path to undercut the throw, by double clutching, it prevented the Int but also prevented the completion.

Yeah, I don't think we are gonna agree on that. You can even hear the announcers call out how it was nearly a pick because of his double clutch.

This is also something he had done a LOT in his career resulting in INT's. This isn't at all an isolated case.

• Beer 2

2 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Unitas? That's like playing football with your dad in the backyard. DE's like Burns would decapitate that kinda QB now

Obviously, you know very little about Johnny Unitas.  Unitas was tougher than any of today's QBs. Much tougher.  You breathe wrong on a QB now you get flagged.  There was no 2-step rule on QBs.  You were just another player and many of them got rocked well after a pass.

You put Unitas, Staubach, Bradshaw, Starr, Dawson and many others from the 60s and 70s in today's game.  They would be upper echelon QBs and hold many of the records some of these young guys do.   They are Hall of Famers but are never considered as GOATs because of the inflated numbers QBs put up now.  That's another argument. 

From 1956 to 1960 Unitas had thrown a TD in every game for 47 games.  This was done in an ERA where defenders got away with so much more than today's offensive minded rules.  Not to mention they didn't protect the QB like they do today.  Though the rule book has continually been modified to increase scoring, it took 52 years for this record to be broken.  

Think what you will but there are several QBs from the past that I would put on my team over some of the best in the game now. 

• Pie 2

If Sam pulls a Geno smith and turns his career around then good for him, he deserves it. He's by all indication a good dude and a great teammate. He's handled getting benched with class and watching the team go out during the offseason and turn over every stone to try and find someone to replace him with and then having to "compete" in a fake QB battle with Baker knowing that no matter how well he played he was not going to win the competition. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, CmC2k said:

If Sam pulls a Geno smith and turns his career around then good for him, he deserves it. He's by all indication a good dude and a great teammate. He's handled getting benched with class and watching the team go out during the offseason and turn over every stone to try and find someone to replace him with and then having to "compete" in a fake QB battle with Baker knowing that no matter how well he played he was not going to win the competition. 

You're dreaming snap back to reality. Geno Smith has a career high 72% completion rate this season. Sam isn't ever going to be that. Last season he was the worst statisical quarterback in years. He might have a few games here and there where you can win with him against an opponent with a weak offense. But when you go up against a team with an elite quarterback where drives are precious and you need points the opposing defense will key in on Sam's tendencies and eventually he will turn the ball over. We don't need anymore reclamation projects here. We need to develop our own guy. You folks who want to save every mediocre quarterback we stumble across are beyond hope.

17 minutes ago, frankw said:

You're dreaming snap back to reality. Geno Smith has a career high 72% completion rate this season. Sam isn't ever going to be that. Last season he was the worst statisical quarterback in years. He might have a few games here and there where you can win with him against an opponent with a weak offense. But when you go up against a team with an elite quarterback where drives are precious and you need points the opposing defense will key in on Sam's tendencies and eventually he will turn the ball over. We don't need anymore reclamation projects here. We need to develop our own guy. You folks who want to save every mediocre quarterback we stumble across are beyond hope.

No one would've predicted Geno would've been as good as he's been this year if someone did then they should be playing the lottery every week. Nowhere in my post did I say we should bring Sam back or that he was a long-term answer. All I said that Sam has been delt a bad hand his entire NFL career and through it all he's handled everything with class. So, if he does by some miracle turn it around then good for him he deserves it. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, CmC2k said:

No one would've predicted Geno would've been as good as he's been this year if someone did then they should be playing the lottery every week. Nowhere in my post did I say we should bring Sam back or that he was a long-term answer. All I said that Sam has been delt a bad hand his entire NFL career and through it all he's handled everything with class. So, if he does by some miracle turn it around then good for him he deserves it. 

Sam Darnold's former team seems to have themselves a real keeper in Mike White. Meanwhile in Carolina we're still hoping Darnold will morph into a franchise quarterback. You know what they say about the definition of insanity right?

Tired Will Ferrell GIF by Team Coco

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1