• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darnold is the best QB on this team

onmyown

14 hours ago, CRA said:

I’m still not sure Sam is any better than PJ Walker 

I do not want a single QB on the roster outside of Corral to be here next year.  

Corral and any quarterback the Panthers draft in 2023 will probably not be ready to start next year .

If all three of the remaining quarterbacks are gone that would mean the Panthers would have to sign another teams retreaded quarterback, which would leave the team in worst shape than it is now.

However, if you have a plan to obtain a quarterback that will suddenly give the Panthers a better chance to become a  consistent playoff team than one that is already on the roster, please share it.

1 hour ago, frankw said:

Sam Darnold's former team seems to have themselves a real keeper in Mike White. Meanwhile in Carolina we're still hoping Darnold will morph into a franchise quarterback. You know what they say about the definition of insanity right?

Tired Will Ferrell GIF by Team Coco

I think it's pretty early to be calling White a "keeper." Was Kyle Allen a keeper?

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

This play should have resulted in a touchdown to DJ

Yup.  Darnold can produce on an offense and manage when all is perfect, but he has no anticipation & doesn't create with his throws at all.  Throws to open, doesn't throw a guy open.  Big thing that separastes the good from ze bad.

29 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

Corral and any quarterback the Panthers draft in 2023 will probably not be ready to start next year .

If all three of the remaining quarterbacks are gone that would mean the Panthers would have to sign another teams retreaded quarterback, which would leave the team in worst shape than it is now.

However, if you have a plan to obtain a quarterback that will suddenly give the Panthers a better chance to become a  consistent playoff team than one that is already on the roster, please share it.

The variables are too many to even say what our scenario will be next year. Could have a new head coach, almost definitely will have a new OC, could have a top 5 draft pick, will almost definitely have to sign a FA QB, etc, etc.

We might be starting a re-tread or a freshly drafted 2023 prospect. Who can say at this point? The answer isn't on the roster, that has been pretty conclusively determined. 

10 hours ago, OneBadCat said:

He was good enough to win but only because the running game was carrying the  offense. We obviously conservative with him again and limited his throws.

Every great QB has to play that game.  Because no QB, no matter how great he is, is going to have MANY wins  based upon the running game.   

12 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

It seems like he was the third option and it resulted in a big play.

Do you think DJ was the primary on this play? Honest question.

The safety immediately drops at the snap of the ball. So Darnold should know Marshall isn’t an option and the over to Moore should be there once he takes one look over and sees the other safety caught in no mans land

I truly have no damn idea what could possibly be going through his head during the time he SHOULD have thrown the ball to Moore to the time he actually threw the ball to Moore 

Edited by *FreeFua*
  • Pie 2

28 minutes ago, saX man said:

Yup.  Darnold can produce on an offense and manage when all is perfect, but he has no anticipation & doesn't create with his throws at all.  Throws to open, doesn't throw a guy open.  Big thing that separastes the good from ze bad.

I saw many throws made yesterday that your post fails to support.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

The safety immediately drops at the snap of the ball. So Darnold should know Marshall isn’t an option and the over to Moore should be there.

I truly have no damn idea what could possibly be going through his head during the time he SHOULD have thrown the ball to Moore to the time he actually threw the ball to Moore 

Fair enough. 

I have no idea what was called. But he seemed to go from left to right in his progression 1,2,3 and completed the pass. 

I saw it as not bad. But I'll take your word for it.

8 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

I saw many throws made yesterday that your post fails to support.  

Cool.  I'm not unwavering in any direction, would be down for you to show those but he's not and will not be the answer.  At best, maybe he could get stick on as a backup here.  I don't hate the dude, he's just not an NFL starter.

• Pie 3

4 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Fair enough. 

I have no idea what was called. But he seemed to go from left to right in his progression 1,2,3 and completed the pass. 

I saw it as not bad. But I'll take your word for it.

Any time you run a post/deep over combo the goal is to obviously hit on one of those before ever looking at one of your check down options 

Im going to have some fun with this one. Joining in on @Catsfan69and @*FreeFua*'s conversation here. 

I will say that Darnold definitely missed an opportunity to score on that play. It feels like he rushed his reads, because in the video when he looks at DJ he is just breaking into his route and doesnt appear to be open yet... if SD14 holds for about .5 second more I think he hits DJ in stride..... that being said....

When SD14 looks at DJ first:
image.png.884400e40d57e21346fd1434cfcb1082.png

If SD14 holds onto DJ for .5 sec more:
image.png.cc6dd26dcb96effb71444a896e0f4cf4.png

What he does to the corner  in the flat zone was pretty impressive. The corner started to drift back into DJ end route, and to bring the corner back up he pump fakes to Laviska, and the corner starts to press up and it open DJ back up. 

The pump fake to get the CB out of position:

image.png.084872049f6c7316c353b3066b7b6c56.png

That is the good with the bad there. I will take it because it turned into a big gain.

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1