• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darnold is the best QB on this team

onmyown

3 minutes ago, saX man said:

I'll check it out when I can.  Haven't been watching our games

He has a couple of surprising throws, but let's be real: he's a veteran now and he has to be expected to make those throws. 

We still had a terrible 3rd down conversion rate, he still made bad choices, but overall he was definitely improved...He protected the ball and had some heads up plays, especially a hilarious one to pick up a forced fumble and roll into the endzone.  His long bomb to DJ was a thing of beauty.

Something to build off of but it wasn't an amazing game. He did all he was asked to do, threatened deep, and protected the ball - which is more than we've had from a QB lately.

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

He has a couple of surprising throws, but let's be real: he's a veteran now and he has to be expected to make those throws. 

We still had a terrible 3rd down conversion rate, he still made bad choices, but overall he was definitely improved...He protected the ball and had some heads up plays, especially a hilarious one to pick up a forced fumble and roll into the endzone.  His long bomb to DJ was a thing of beauty.

Something to build off of but it wasn't an amazing game. He did all he was asked to do, threatened deep, and protected the ball - which is more than we've had from a QB lately.

Pretty much.  

The fact he is the best QB on the team means absolutely nothing for our future.  Other than maybe winning the clipboard battle under whoever we grab next to launch onto this carousel of crazy.    

He's had good games before.. Panthers & Jets fans all know what he is in the bigger scheme of things.  Nothing is changing.  Seems to have had some nice throws yesterday, I'll give him that.  But let's be real, other than acknowledging that, what's really the point here? (rhetorical)

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Just now, saX man said:

Pretty much.  

The fact he is the best QB on the team means absolutely nothing for our future.  Other than maybe winning the clipboard battle under whoever we grab next to launch onto this carousel of crazy.    

He's had good games before.. Panthers & Jets fans all know what he is in the bigger scheme of things.  Nothing is changing.  Seems to have had some nice throws yesterday, I'll give him that.  But let's be real, other than acknowledging that, what's really the point here? (rhetorical)

I would say the point is it's been a while since we could talk about positives from the QB position other than a couple plays in complete isolation (whereas Darnold had a decent day overall), and with as miserable as it's been around here for a while, at least there's that.

But yeah, being the best QB on our roster is somewhat meaningless right now. He does have several games to change that, but as you said, we've seen this script before and I also feel like we know how it ends with Darnold... 

28 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

If you’re going to troll at least be creative and witty

This is the equivalent of the “I know you are but what am I?” Comeback

There’s no need to debate dumbasses who shyt on the Best QB on the team because it goes against your narrative that Darnold is Dumb or Trash.

why don’t you wait until Darnold has a bad game to shyt on him, instead of shyting on him after a win in which he Clearly Proved he is the Best QB on the team.

I am maybe 1 of 3 people on this board who said Darnold was better before the season began and should have never lost the starting Job to Baker Period.

i know for fact you weren’t. Go sit down and dream for Darnold to have a bad game. Because clearly you aren’t here to support him on any level

• Poo 1

13 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

The out to DJ where he couldn't get his feet down was beautiful. 

5 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

This is basically the Huddle with every proven bum backup QB.

brokeback mountain GIF

I blame Jake... 

I will always remember when Matt Moore gave me a Vikings slaughter for my birthday back in 2009, haha.

Edit: I think that was actually a Double Trouble pop off too... Been a while...

Edited by mav1234
  • Beer 2

Just now, ForJimmy said:

Yeah by year 10 it will be “If we can just hire Andy Reid with an All Pro OL, Chase, prime Randy Moss, and Barry Sanders we can probably fix Darnold!”

"Remember that time in 2021 when Darnold had 3 straight 300 yard passing games? If only he'd had a real OL...."

• Pie 2
  • Flames 2

38 minutes ago, BringBackSam said:

There’s no need to debate dumbasses who shyt on the Best QB on the team because it goes against your narrative that Darnold is Dumb or Trash.

why don’t you wait until Darnold has a bad game to shyt on him, instead of shyting on him after a win in which he Clearly Proved he is the Best QB on the team.

I am maybe 1 of 3 people on this board who said Darnold was better before the season began and should have never lost the starting Job to Baker Period.

i know for fact you weren’t. Go sit down and dream for Darnold to have a bad game. Because clearly you aren’t here to support him on any level

Your account is new so I assume you were banned. Darnold is a bad QB and thank god he won’t be here next year. 

Edited by TLGPanthersFan