• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darnold is the best QB on this team

onmyown

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

Because if you look at it in context then it just looks like more dookie. 

Some nice throws with lots of dump offs. Plenty of time to throw and still a chump. Whatever, time will do it's thing and anyone with half a brain knows where this is going. 

Rose Mciver Reaction GIF by CBS

Some people just like to be disappointed. 

I miss being excited for this team. All this talk of playoffs and we all know what is gonna happen. Even if there are a ton of people here who want to deny it. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, BringBackSam said:

There’s no need to debate dumbasses who shyt on the Best QB on the team because it goes against your narrative that Darnold is Dumb or Trash.

why don’t you wait until Darnold has a bad game to shyt on him, instead of shyting on him after a win in which he Clearly Proved he is the Best QB on the team.

I am maybe 1 of 3 people on this board who said Darnold was better before the season began and should have never lost the starting Job to Baker Period.

i know for fact you weren’t. Go sit down and dream for Darnold to have a bad game. Because clearly you aren’t here to support him on any level

triggered GIF

• Pie 1
  • The D 1
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Who has said he's the future beyond this year?

We are saying he's the only hope this year.

The tank is screwed might as well win the whole damn thing!!!

You saying hope with Darnold is as dumb as believing there was ever a tank. There was never any hope for this year once we retained Rhule and there won't be next year if Tepper is dumb enough to keep Wilks. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

You saying hope with Darnold is as dumb as believing there was ever a tank. There was never any hope for this year once we retained Rhule and there won't be next year if Tepper is dumb enough to keep Wilks. 

Well I'm not ready to go back to my depression yet.

I get two full weeks to fantasize. 

• Beer 2

6 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

I miss being excited for this team. All this talk of playoffs and we all know what is gonna happen. Even if there are a ton of people here who want to deny it. 

It's people's right to huff glue but it doesn't make it a good idea. Same people who said Baker was taking us to the playoffs because he did 1 year in Cleveland. Same people who said Rhule would turn it around in year three. Same people that are now saying that Wilks has earned the HC job. 

Desperation makes people lower their standards so far they lose all perspective. It's the meme where the clown is putting on makeup except they only can see the first and eventually the last picture. 

Edited by Waldo
  • Pie 5

6 minutes ago, Waldo said:

It's people's right to huff glue but it doesn't make it a good idea. Same people who said Baker was taking us to the playoffs because he did 1 year in Cleveland. Same people who said Rhule would turn it around in year three. Same people that are now saying that Wilks has earned the HC job. 

Desperation makes people lower their standards so far they lose all perspective. It's the meme where the clown is putting on makeup except they only can see the first and eventually the last picture. 

I wish I could lower my standards. I have tried but I just can’t. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

19 minutes ago, frankw said:

You have a point but I wouldn’t lump him in with Allen yet. Don't read too much into the word keeper it wasn't a suggestion he has arrived or he will certainly take the next step it's just a matter of he looks the part and obviously they aren't just going to let him walk without seeing more. But through 5 starts he has a 68.8 comp % and Sam Darnold can't even get to 60%. When considering the results post Darnold trade they are doing better than us as sad as it may be that's the truth.

I am willing to bet you are gonna see him treated about like Allen, Heinickie, Mills. etc. Unless he really tears it up the rest of the year and leads them to a long playoff run, I don't think you will see him be much more than....well....he already has been.

Keep in mind he was drafted in 2018. This isn't some guy that just came onto the scene.

12 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I am willing to bet you are gonna see him treated about like Allen, Heinickie, Mills. etc. Unless he really tears it up the rest of the year and leads them to a long playoff run, I don't think you will see him be much more than....well....he already has been.

Keep in mind he was drafted in 2018. This isn't some guy that just came onto the scene.

Yeah but didn't he not really play QB in HS?

I can't remember.  But that's lots of reps to make up. Maybe just maybe he has caught up?

9 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Yeah but didn't he not really play QB in HS?

I can't remember.  But that's lots of reps to make up. Maybe just maybe he has caught up?

He wasn't a starter in HS until his senior year. I believe he had played QB for a while but he was predominantly a baseball player.

I am not sure who started this fantasy of "catching up" which got thrown at Darnold too but it is actually a fantasy. You either figure it out or you don't at the NFL level.

We have the rest of the year to see if White could be a guy or just another in a very long line of backups that win a few games and flame out. 

Well, Sam legit finally has a good offensive line, and he has a strong run game to support him. Wilks has the team locked in. Unfortunately, McAdoo is what he is. He is bad, but he’s simply “bad” now, not “worst OC I’ve ever seen” bad like when Rhule was here. 

A lot of questions will be answered down the stretch to end the season. 

It’s sad, but this is easily the best position he has been in during his short career. Let’s see what he makes of it. 

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

Any qb that has a good game is automatically the best qb on the roster.  It's the Huddle way.

When Sam has a bad game he will go back to being the worst. Although it think Baker is cemented in that spot for the remainder of the season. 

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Beer 3