• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darnold is the best QB on this team

onmyown

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Any qb that has a good game is automatically the best qb in the roster.  It's the Huddle way.

When Sam has a bad game he will go back to being the worst. Although it think Baker is cemented in that spot for the remainder of the season. 

Well technically PJ had the worst game at QB for us. It was almost historically bad.

He did also have the best game at QB for us, so I am not sure how that all comes out in the wash.

I know I would probably rather have watched him the rest of the season rather than Darnold or Mayfield.

But I would have probably rather watched Eason too. Hell, I'd probably rather watch you start.

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Pie 2

13 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Well technically PJ had the worst game at QB for us. It was almost historically bad.

He did also have the best game at QB for us, so I am not sure how that all comes out in the wash.

I know I would probably rather have watched him the rest of the season rather than Darnold or Mayfield.

But I would have probably rather watched Eason too. Hell, I'd probably rather watch you start.

That's what's so crazy about this season.  The team is still playing hard despite the sucky qb play. 

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Beer 2

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

I am willing to bet you are gonna see him treated about like Allen, Heinickie, Mills. etc. Unless he really tears it up the rest of the year and leads them to a long playoff run, I don't think you will see him be much more than....well....he already has been.

Keep in mind he was drafted in 2018. This isn't some guy that just came onto the scene.

Yeah I can agree with that. I'd still take him over any of this lot in our QB room for the short term though. I just want us to develop a QB of our own. I don't know that Wilks is the man for that job though. I could be wrong we'll see.

8 minutes ago, frankw said:

Yeah I can agree with that. I'd still take him over any of this lot in our QB room for the short term though. I just want us to develop a QB of our own. I don't know that Wilks is the man for that job though. I could be wrong we'll see.

I wouldn't take him this offseason. I'd rather get a decent journeyman game manager(Garoppolo, Brissett, Heinickie, Bridgewater, etc) if I am gonna go with a stop gap option. 

• Beer 2

Just now, kungfoodude said:

I wouldn't take him this offseason. I'd rather get a decent journeyman game manager(Garoppolo, Brissett, Heinickie, Bridgewater, etc) if I am gonna go with a stop gap option. 

He has a fair distance to go to prove he is even a serviceable backup.  What most teams want most out of a backup is somebody that can come in, run a limited version of the offense efficiently, and NOT lose the game by turning the ball over. 

People are drooling all over themselves because a guy with a four-year track record of turning the ball over didn't turn the ball over on November 27, 2022.

• Beer 3