• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Eternal Mediocrity

Day1PanthersFan

Just now, Smithers said:

We have also been subjected to awful coaching.  We have managed to build a good roster, minus a QB.  Losing for a top 5 pick does not even remotely ensure you find that QB.  History says otherwise.  

Bro our roster is poo and it's why we have 4 wins. Rhule was gone week 6 and we have won 3 games since then. There is no moral victory there. 

• Pie 2
  • Poo 5

11 minutes ago, Smithers said:

Better than 3-9. As a fan I’ll always be happy with a win.  Also happy for the players, coaches and their families.  Follow the Bozeman’s on Twitter and explain to me how you cannot be happy for them after a win.  Screw the draft.  I want to win every week. 

Amen, Brother!

• Pie 4

1 minute ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

So we then use valuable assets that could be used to bolster the rest of the roster. Another brilliant strategy 

you can't ask NFL players/coaches to tank. It doesn't work. Too few games in a season and big contracts on the line.

as such, when teams lose, and lose a lot, it is often due to lack of talent. hence the huge holes that most top 10 drafting teams have.

If your team is in good shape you can afford to trade up to get a final piece, like a QB.

• Pie 5

7 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Ask the Jets and Browns how chasing QBs every draft has worked out for them.  Hell, the Jets just benched their latest top 5 QB pick.  The Browns just paid an NFL record QB contract to a rapist just to get out of the annual QB merry-go-round in the draft.

The jets and browns have great defenseses because they pick high as well. Ask Miami and Texas how they are doing without a QB. Ask the Titans and the Patriots are doing with a mediocre one. 

2 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

you can't ask NFL players/coaches to tank. It doesn't work. Too few games in a season and big contracts on the line.

as such, when teams lose, and lose a lot, it is often due to lack of talent. hence the huge holes that most top 10 drafting teams have.

If your team is in good shape you can afford to trade up to get a final piece, like a QB.

Yeah, but I can hope they lose for the team’s own good

• Poo 1

8 minutes ago, Bama Panther said:

If only Patrick Mahomes was a #1 overall pick, your argument would hold water, but he wasn’t. He was the #10 pick. 

And the 2nd best QB in that draft, 3 time Pro Bowler Deshaun Watson, didn’t go until pick #12.

The first QB taken in that draft, Mitch Trubinsky, was the least successful of the three. His fifth year option wasn’t picked up, he’s played for 3 teams, and is already considered a backup only 6 years into his career. 

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

Yeah, but I can hope they lose for the team’s own good

you can, you can hope for whatever outcome you want. I understand why people are putting so much emphasis on draft position, but I've seen too many top 5 busts and I'd rather see development of personnel we have leading to wins. Just a difference of opinion

• Pie 1