• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Eternal Mediocrity

Day1PanthersFan

10 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I hate to say it, but if you want to win every week, you are following the wrong team. Ever since Cam got lit up and his shoulder officially died, we are 20-49. We are 0-4 against good teams and 4-4 against bad teams. We are squarely in the mediocre to bad teams.

I’m switching to playoff rooting because I think we do have a shot after all the losses today, especially considering 7-10 could win this division. We have 1 good team left on the schedule so we aren’t in line for a top 5 pick.

Nise to see you using your brain, like you normally do. What 1.5/1 games out of the playoffs, I do not care about the record....In the playoffs anything can and has happened. Chinn gave the D a boost, maybe the same can happen with darnold... That was the best D the panthers have faced and Darnold looked just fine without any TOs. Bucs lost Wirfs as well. Mathz with a glimmmer of light. 

Edited by Basbear

1 hour ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

Most fans would rather have a few meaningless wins than try to build to get back to the superbowl 

If there was another Mahomes in the draft, our fans would still want to win 

I guess we really are not football smart 

Oh God please give it a rest. It gets so old seeing all the bitching when our team wins. For years they bitch when we lose now everytime we win I'm guessing it's the same people bitching non stop. Yes, we will not be able to get any type of a good QB now that we have won a few. The top two guys wanted (Stroud, Young) have zero flaws and are perfect guaranteed hall of famers and now we have no chance at anyone and should just tank the next 15 seasons to satisfy some.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

17 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Mahomes also benefited from a talented roster. I'm sure the chiefs take him higher than 10 if they can, even.  But the reason I don't get stressed is just as many of today's great QBs weren't drafted in like the top 3 as were... 

I don't stress about it either. He was going to well either way under Reid or Payton. It's not near as simple as being the top pick. You need so many more pieces to make a successful QB. We just relied too much on Cam's athletic ability instead of actually getting someone to develop an offense for him and develop him as a QB. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

1 hour ago, Tbe said:

Yeah, Seattle may trade their Broncos pick as well.

I just hope Tepper and Fitt look at the mistakes they’ve made (Sam and Baker) and the mistakes they would have made (Russel, Watson) and are going to be more cautious about throwing picks away.

B534889E-F3FF-4EC3-AB12-BECDBC43607E.thumb.jpeg.9a069fde2e52c74b74f62394dfc7f12f.jpeg

This is very realistic. I agree if Chicago stays put and takes Carter or Anderson then Seattle may flip their pick for a haul. 

Regardless unless this team is sold on AR I’d bet anything we’d trade up in this exact scenario. 

But at least we’ll forever have bragging rights over our week 12 matchup against Denver to “improve” to 4-8!

I knew all along this team would do what it always does and end up picking outside the top 5 again. It's like clockwork. But we don't need the #1 to draft a good quarterback. We can get our guy. Equally as important as this is will be who we go with as the head coach. I sincerely hope we do not just settle for the status quo and keep Wilks without exploring other options.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

For all the people who say the Panthers need to lose on purpose, explain to me how you do that?   Besides maybe starting Mayfield and hoping he sh*ts the bed or practice squad QB and telling rest of players to tank on some plays .. what’s the plan? Especially more when playing a team just as bad as us or worse.

How are you losing the game today against the Broncos on purpose?  I🙄🤔🦃

• Pie 1

40 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I don't stress about it either. He was going to well either way under Reid or Payton. It's not near as simple as being the top pick. You need so many more pieces to make a successful QB. We just relied too much on Cam's athletic ability instead of actually getting someone to develop an offense for him and develop him as a QB. 

definitely, and honestly, a big reason I'm happy with wins is I see potential from a lot of young players etc. I get that may be copeium or w/e, but I don't mind.

we need the right talent evaluators in for QB though and I'm honestly not sure what to make of our current GM etc because I dont know what was Rhule vs Fitt and his team.

We're stuck in quarterback purgatory. A lot of posters said this would happen, just as it has, years ago.

We can only get lucky now, and it might take years. This is bad news considering the league is transitioning from the quaterback era to one where there will be possibly 20 teams seriously looking at quarterbacks every year. It's going to be much harder to get lucky.

• Pie 1

I'd rather win than worry about a top 5 draft pick

Just cause you're good in college does not mean you'll succeed in the NFL.  14 QB's that have gone #1 or #2 since 2010 - I think only 4 have made it to the SB - Newton, Goff, Burrow and Wentz**  Wentz was not the starter.

• Pie 3

21 minutes ago, grateflday said:

For all the people who say the Panthers need to lose on purpose, explain to me how you do that?   Besides maybe starting Mayfield and hoping he sh*ts the bed or practice squad QB and telling rest of players to tank on some plays .. what’s the plan? Especially more when playing a team just as bad as us or worse.

How are you losing the game today against the Broncos on purpose?  I🙄🤔🦃

Honestly, it's pretty easy. You IR all of your good players and give them some hush money (or pay them any incentives they miss out on by sitting out). Then you play bums and start Baker.

• Poo 2