• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Eternal Mediocrity

Day1PanthersFan

2 hours ago, Cdparr7 said:

Yes it worked so well for the Jets, Lions, and Browns all those years. God you’re so right.

Those are severely dysfunctional franchises. Of course we are too at this point but I’m not sure that was your point.

I could be wrong but I still think we do better with our first rounders than them…and I would trust a QB this franchise picks vs. them. But again, they are the few this is true.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

10 hours ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

Most fans would rather have a few meaningless wins than try to build to get back to the superbowl 

If there was another Mahomes in the draft, our fans would still want to win 

I guess we really are not football smart 

Look, somebody who is posting out of their ass.  

Never

Gets

Old. 

Or does it?

• Beer 1

On 11/27/2022 at 4:46 PM, Floppin said:

The team wants to win. You could see how happy they were to win. fuging be happy for those men on the field. Bunch of fuging killjoy ass curmudgeons up in here.

After Sundays win against  the Denver Broncos the Panthers moved up from # 31 to #21 on the NFL Rating Chart.

Previously: 31. Carolina Panthers Carolina Panthers (4-8) - Present: 21.
The Panthers are just one game out of the divisional lead, and they've already beaten the Buccaneers. They have a legitimate chance to win the division with their stellar defense. The offense, meanwhile, looks functional with Sam Darnold, which is why they're getting a big bump this week.

Edited by KatsAzz

On 11/27/2022 at 6:25 PM, frankw said:

I knew all along this team would do what it always does and end up picking outside the top 5 again. It's like clockwork. But we don't need the #1 to draft a good quarterback. We can get our guy. Equally as important as this is will be who we go with as the head coach. I sincerely hope we do not just settle for the status quo and keep Wilks without exploring other options.

I fully believe an NFL team should build itself up to the point that a quarterback they select will have the offensive and defensive weapons around him that assures he can have success, be able to develop  and be molded into a constant winner.

All to many young quarters are drafted by bad teams and their careers are ruined before they get a chance to meet their full capability.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

Season 3 Whatever GIF by The Office

Win lose, IDGAF this year. I just want it to be over so we can see if we are getting a HC that can make us exciting and relevant regardless of the QB. That is how bad we are, tie ourselves to something good or hope for a year like this where the winner of the division has a losing record or pick in the teens that year. We already did ridiculously bad so mediocre or something worth watching is likely incoming. That is where I am putting the hope I am able to scrape together. 

• Pie 4

On 11/27/2022 at 4:46 PM, Knaakedup said:

Completely agree with you. 

Everyone here praising Sam and happy with the win will be singing a very, VERY different tune come next season when Sam is still our QB bc of a few meaningless wins with a projected .500 season (at best). 

We can’t even lose right. This season was over before it began and nobody seems to fully grasp that.

The players will never ever play to lose. I don't see why a mature football fan just can't seem to grasp that truth and accept that the chips are going to fall however they fall. A "meaningless" win does not exist for professionals. 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2