• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Eternal Mediocrity

Day1PanthersFan

Before we can attain "eternal mediocrity," don't we first have to achieve mediocrity? 

The last time we met or exceeded that was 2017.  Our record in 2018 looks like mediocrity, but we lost 7 out of our last 8 and our centerpiece QB in the process, so the record was pretending by season's end.

It's been a while since we could claim mediocrity.

• Pie 4

13 minutes ago, top dawg said:

The players will never ever play to lose. I don't see why a mature football fan just can't seem to grasp that truth and accept that the chips are going to fall however they fall. A "meaningless" win does not exist for professionals. 

Sure thing, guy. I don't see why a "mature football fan" doesn't grasp how winning these meaningless games are detrimental to the team in the long run. 

• Poo 1

25 minutes ago, top dawg said:

The players will never ever play to lose. I don't see why a mature football fan just can't seem to grasp that truth and accept that the chips are going to fall however they fall. A "meaningless" win does not exist for professionals. 

You are not wrong but we saw in real time on sunday around the 2nd qt Denver completely quit, I am not sure I have ever witnessed it live like I did on Sunday

5 hours ago, KatsAzz said:

I fully believe an NFL team should build itself up to the point that a quarterback they select will have the offensive and defensive weapons around him that assures he can have success, be able to develop  and be molded into a constant winner.

All to many young quarters are drafted by bad teams and their careers are ruined before they get a chance to meet their full capability.

John Elway nods in approval.

1 hour ago, Knaakedup said:

Sure thing, guy. I don't see why a "mature football fan" doesn't grasp how winning these meaningless games are detrimental to the team in the long run. 

Perhaps because it's not but, thank you for expressing your opinion.  We'll take it under advisement.

• Poo 1

2 hours ago, Knaakedup said:

Possibly. Possibly not. I've never seen a working crystal ball. But I have seen star players---even star QBs, like Rodgers and Jackson for example, and probably even Fields from the looks of things, taken later in the first round. I've seen plenty of flops too. That's how this stuff works, grasp it or not.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

9 hours ago, Knaakedup said:

A true "mature football fan" is going to pull for his team to WIN every game that they play in, not hope they lose. A "mature football fan" knows our management is going to do everything they can to solve our QB problem.  A "mature football fan" isn't going to hope we lose so we can "Possibly" get a quarterback that MIGHT be a franchise QB.  

Meaningless for you and the other Tankers out there.  

Last time I checked we were one game out of first place in our division where we are 3-1.

Our division leader has two games they are most likely going to lose.  

Based on your mentality that once you have a losing record you tank for the highest draft pick you can get.

We'll just tell Brian Burns that we are going to sit him for the rest of the season, to hell with your sack total.  You can get more next season.  We'll also tell DJ Moore we're going to sit him as well. Don't worry you can achieve 1000 yds receiving in 4 of your 5 seasons.  We'll also tell Bozeman that we are going to sit him as well but would like for him to come back next year. Hopefully we won't have a losing record at midseason, and we won't have to sit him again. 

10 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

A true "mature football fan" is going to pull for his team to WIN every game that they play in, not hope they lose. A "mature football fan" knows our management is going to do everything they can to solve our QB problem.  A "mature football fan" isn't going to hope we lose so we can "Possibly" get a quarterback that MIGHT be a franchise QB.  

Meaningless for you and the other Tankers out there.  

Last time I checked we were one game out of first place in our division where we are 3-1.

Our division leader has two games they are most likely going to lose.  

Based on your mentality that once you have a losing record you tank for the highest draft pick you can get.

We'll just tell Brian Burns that we are going to sit him for the rest of the season, to hell with your sack total.  You can get more next season.  We'll also tell DJ Moore we're going to sit him as well. Don't worry you can achieve 1000 yds receiving in 4 of your 5 seasons.  We'll also tell Bozeman that we are going to sit him as well but would like for him to come back next year. Hopefully we won't have a losing record at midseason, and we won't have to sit him again. 

Shouldn’t have to tell Burns or Moore poo they both should of been traded at the deadline for the proper rebuild this team needs 

• Poo 6