• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Eternal Mediocrity

Day1PanthersFan

21 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Obviously, you have no clue on how to build a team.  You don't gut your team of good young players.

But then again, your response doesn't surprise me. 

Time will tell worked pretty well for the Seahawks. Everyone and their dog was saying they were fools trading Wilson for  a fortune instead of paying him

• Flames 1

21 minutes ago, stbugs said:

SMH. This never makes sense to me. If we have faith in our GM (I don’t yet), then it’s still better to have as early a pick as possible. Just because the Bears messed up and liked Trubisky more doesn’t mean that I wouldn’t have wanted to have the option of all QBs. Same with the Browns and Jets with Mayfield and Darnold. I’d rather been at their picks and just picked the right guy in Allen because they wouldn’t have had to give up picks to get Allen. I bet the Cardinals wish they had an earlier pick but all they had was Rosen (and Jackson). I’m sure Jacksonville is much happier with Lawrence than Wilson or Lance.

Oh and just to remind everyone again, Burrow, Tua and Herbert went 1, 5 and 6. We had pick 7 and took Brown. I never understand, oh wait I do, why no one ever brings up this example. One more loss and we had pick 5 and our opportunity to get a franchise QB.

Note that I’m squarely in the hope for the playoffs because we won’t finish low enough and I don’t like Young and Stroud so much to trade away draft picks we really need.

I get what your saying. The higher the draft pick the more options. Yup totally agree. 

The only point I bring is that I would rather cheer for my team to win and celebrate those wins than hope to lose to get a higher pick and then hope we pick the right player. 

The draft is a lottery there is no guarantee for success, therefore I would rather win - even if that means a worse draft pick. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

On 11/27/2022 at 5:03 PM, kungfoodude said:

Fans who suffered through the Super Bowl will never root against a Panthers win versus the Broncos. fug the circumstances 

And this mentality is how you get Matt Rhule as a head coach and inconsistent seasons with coaches like Rivera. We are all here still. Just some of us expect more than average as a ceiling. 

1 minute ago, Snake said:

And this mentality is how you get Matt Rhule as a head coach and inconsistent seasons with coaches like Rivera. We are all here still. Just some of us expect more than average as a ceiling. 

That is literally lightspeed stupid.

We dropped to #5 after all the wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Switch to decaf.

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

A true "mature football fan" is going to pull for his team to WIN every game that they play in, not hope they lose. A "mature football fan" knows our management is going to do everything they can to solve our QB problem.  A "mature football fan" isn't going to hope we lose so we can "Possibly" get a quarterback that MIGHT be a franchise QB.  

Meaningless for you and the other Tankers out there.  

Last time I checked we were one game out of first place in our division where we are 3-1.

Our division leader has two games they are most likely going to lose.  

Based on your mentality that once you have a losing record you tank for the highest draft pick you can get.

We'll just tell Brian Burns that we are going to sit him for the rest of the season, to hell with your sack total.  You can get more next season.  We'll also tell DJ Moore we're going to sit him as well. Don't worry you can achieve 1000 yds receiving in 4 of your 5 seasons.  We'll also tell Bozeman that we are going to sit him as well but would like for him to come back next year. Hopefully we won't have a losing record at midseason, and we won't have to sit him again. 

You're delusional, but such is your right. 

Brian Burns? The one we should've traded for the Rams 2nd this year and following two 1st's? 

DJ Moore? The one we should've traded for the Packers 1st this year? 

You seem to drink the juice everyone spews about them because they are our players that we drafted. Reddick was 10x the DE Burns is and DJ still isn't a bonafide #1, never will be.

Based on your mentality you only view things in the present and are incapable of expanding your view to understand how we are in no position to compete this year and any more wins 1000% affects our ability to rebuild properly in the future. 

Everyone wants to sit on their soapbox preaching this week after a meaningless win, but wait til we come crashing back to earth next week. I'll make sure to remind you of this then and next season when we aren't in a position to compete yet again. 

Edited by Knaakedup
  • Poo 3

1 hour ago, Knaakedup said:

You're delusional, but such is your right. 

Brian Burns? The one we should've traded for the Rams 2nd this year and following two 1st's? 

DJ Moore? The one we should've traded for the Packers 1st this year? 

You seem to drink the juice everyone spews about them because they are our players that we drafted. Reddick was 10x the DE Burns is and DJ still isn't a bonafide #1, never will be.

Based on your mentality you only view things in the present and are incapable of expanding your view to understand how we are in no position to compete this year and any more wins 1000% affects our ability to rebuild properly in the future. 

Everyone wants to sit on their soapbox preaching this week after a meaningless win, but wait til we come crashing back to earth next week. I'll make sure to remind you of this then and next season when we aren't in a position to compete yet again. 

You're just a loser.  You only think about how you feel about not getting a top draft pick.  Professional teams don't focus on the draft in the middle of the season.  Players are going to try to win and obviously you don't get it. 

Typical Tanker that only uses there desires and don't think about what Professional Sports is all about.   I bet you're one of those guys that join a fantasy league and trade all your good players away once you figure out you can't win it all.  You trade them to your buddy so he can win the whole thing.

19 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

You are not wrong but we saw in real time on sunday around the 2nd qt Denver completely quit, I am not sure I have ever witnessed it live like I did on Sunday

that DT yelling at Russ did not look like he had given up.  Players hate to lose.  People just cashing checks don't care. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

You're just a loser.  You only think about how you feel about not getting a top draft pick.  Professional teams don't focus on the draft in the middle of the season.  Players are going to try to win and obviously you don't get it. 

Typical Tanker that only uses there desires and don't think about what Professional Sports is all about.   I bet you're one of those guys that join a fantasy league and trade all your good players away once you figure out you can't win it all.  You trade them to your buddy so he can win the whole thing.

Well thought out response, brah. 

3 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

That is literally lightspeed stupid.

We dropped to #5 after all the wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Switch to decaf.

Yeah I'm stupid cause I want a successful future and not a 6 win team. Totally crazy to think that might be a good thing. Probably should just go around calling people names and saying their not real fans on a Panthers message board. 

31 minutes ago, Snake said:

Yeah I'm stupid cause I want a successful future and not a 6 win team. Totally crazy to think that might be a good thing. Probably should just go around calling people names and saying their not real fans on a Panthers message board. 

Tell me about the world you live in where we trade current misery for a sure fired SB title by losing the next 5.

Tell me about the cant miss draft pick that will turn the Panthers into a dynasty for the next 10 years.

While youre at it explain how the Hoodie sustained success for so long with low first round picks.

Im too old to root for losses.  Unless of course youre willing to go on record and tell me who in the 2023 draft class is a cant miss HOFer

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, Cullenator said:

Tell me about the world you live in where we trade current misery for a sure fired SB title by losing the next 5.

Tell me about the cant miss draft pick that will turn the Panthers into a dynasty for the next 10 years.

While youre at it explain how the Hoodie sustained success for so long with low first round picks.

Im too old to root for losses.  Unless of course youre willing to go on record and tell me who in the 2023 draft class is a cant miss HOFer

Tell me how winning this year will change the future? 

Tell me how Darnold at QB is a sure thing? 

Explain how lowering our draft status makes us a better team in the future because I'm too old for moral victories.