• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Eternal Mediocrity

Day1PanthersFan

people who think winning games this season because of their oorah get em boys instant gratification is anything other than an emotional response aren’t worth arguing with and I’ve moved past it, I encourage others to do the same

hopefully the team continues to lose so that they can better position themselves to be good when the games matters again

• Pie 3
  • Poo 1

17 minutes ago, Growl said:

people who think winning games this season because of their oorah get em boys instant gratification is anything other than an emotional response aren’t worth arguing with and I’ve moved past it, I encourage others to do the same

hopefully the team continues to lose so that they can better position themselves to be good when the games matters again

It's loser mentality. They're so used to the Panthers being hot trash that a Playoff appearance every few years is as exciting as a Super Bowl win lol. Even when Cam was here we weren't an elite franchise. We had one amazing elite season, yes. One. I want multiple elite seasons ... in a row.

The less teams in front of us so we can have our pick in the Draft the better.

1 minute ago, Snake said:

Yeah I'm stupid cause I want a successful future and not a 6 win team. Totally crazy to think that might be a good thing. Probably should just go around calling people names and saying their not real fans on a Panthers message board. 

You assume that having a top 3 pick instantly means all our ills are cured. That literally isn't how that works at all. Ask any number of teams that whiffed on those picks.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Snake said:

Tell me how winning this year will change the future? 

Tell me how Darnold at QB is a sure thing? 

Explain how lowering our draft status makes us a better team in the future because I'm too old for moral victories. 

So you cant.

You act like dumping games is the only way forward but when pressed you cant articulate how exactly that approach will pay off.

I didnt really expect you to put your money where your mouth is.

given two approaches each with unpredictable outcomes Ill take the one that has moments of enjoyment over a future of losing game after game.

4 hours ago, Growl said:

4 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

It's loser mentality. They're so used to the Panthers being hot trash that a Playoff appearance every few years is as exciting as a Super Bowl win lol. Even when Cam was here we weren't an elite franchise. We had one amazing elite season, yes. One. I want multiple elite seasons ... in a row.

The less teams in front of us so we can have our pick in the Draft the better.

How ironic.

3 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

You assume that having a top 3 pick instantly means all our ills are cured. That literally isn't how that works at all. Ask any number of teams that whiffed on those picks.

I don't assume anything. We are rebuilding if you like it or not. We haven't seen much success this year and we won't see much next year as well. Saying we should win meaningless games because the Browns screw up every year is like going to get a vasectomy because your coworker got a girl pregnant. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

3 hours ago, Cullenator said:

So you cant.

You act like dumping games is the only way forward but when pressed you cant articulate how exactly that approach will pay off.

I didnt really expect you to put your money where your mouth is.

given two approaches each with unpredictable outcomes Ill take the one that has moments of enjoyment over a future of losing game after game.

Oh so you CAN'T! Figures... 

You act like winning meaningless games is somehow a great thing and will make this team better but can't articulate how that exactly makes the team better. 

I didn't really expect you to actually give a articulate answer anyway because you're the type of guy that spends 1k on scratch offs every week and tells everyone about that one time you won 500 bucks. 

Given the two choices I will take the picks with a new coaching staff and new approach. I didn't make it where I have looking for instant gratification and that's why we are different. 

• Poo 1

12 minutes ago, Snake said:

I don't assume anything. We are rebuilding if you like it or not. We haven't seen much success this year and we won't see much next year as well. Saying we should win meaningless games because the Browns screw up every year is like going to get a vasectomy because your coworker got a girl pregnant. 

Lol. When did I mention the Browns?

You literally are inventing arguments in your own head.

Picking top 5 is not a guaranteed path to success. Hence why you see so many repeat franchises.

• Pie 2

6 hours ago, Snake said:

Oh so you CAN'T! Figures... 

You act like winning meaningless games is somehow a great thing and will make this team better but can't articulate how that exactly makes the team better. 

I didn't really expect you to actually give a articulate answer anyway because you're the type of guy that spends 1k on scratch offs every week and tells everyone about that one time you won 500 bucks. 

Given the two choices I will take the picks with a new coaching staff and new approach. I didn't make it where I have looking for instant gratification and that's why we are different. 

When we hired Rhule we expected 5-11 season but what we didn't expect was the following year to be 5-12.  We definitely didn't want to see 5-12 for a third year in a row.  Winning brings an attitude.  We finish strong it gives the players something to believe in over the course of the offseason.  

Secondly, these games aren't meaningless to the players.  They still have a shot at going to the playoffs. Winning or losing record.  Making the playoffs are a goal for every team, regardless of the record.  Once you are in the playoffs everyone is equal.  A team that sucks in the beginning of the year could be totally different come playoff time.  Players love the underdog role and who knows what will happen.  These games don't become meaningless until we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.  The only meaningless interpretation comes from fans who have given up on the season.  This usually happens in here about week 5 lately.  

None of us, whether we are Pro or Con on Corral know what will play out.  We all assume that we'll draft a QB this offseason.  Mostly because we want the shiny new toy since Corral was an afterthought pick in the 3rd round.  Our new coach or Wilks may like what we have in Corral.  They may think we could address another position that will make us stronger and choose a QB later on, if we choose one at all. 

I know I am talking to a wall, but the tanker fans really need to understand who's playing the game.  It's not some fatboy sitting on the couch with a controller in his hands.   These are real young men that have spent their entire lives working to get to the NFL.  Players and coaches don't give a damn about our draft position.  As a fan we should embrace that our team wants to win and deal with the draft in April. 

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

When we hired Rhule we expected 5-11 season but what we didn't expect was the following year to be 5-12.  We definitely didn't want to see 5-12 for a third year in a row.  Winning brings an attitude.  We finish strong it gives the players something to believe in over the course of the offseason.  

Secondly, these games aren't meaningless to the players.  They still have a shot at going to the playoffs. Winning or losing record.  Making the playoffs are a goal for every team, regardless of the record.  Once you are in the playoffs everyone is equal.  A team that sucks in the beginning of the year could be totally different come playoff time.  Players love the underdog role and who knows what will happen.  These games don't become meaningless until we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.  The only meaningless interpretation comes from fans who have given up on the season.  This usually happens in here about week 5 lately.  

None of us, whether we are Pro or Con on Corral know what will play out.  We all assume that we'll draft a QB this offseason.  Mostly because we want the shiny new toy since Corral was an afterthought pick in the 3rd round.  Our new coach or Wilks may like what we have in Corral.  They may think we could address another position that will make us stronger and choose a QB later on, if we choose one at all. 

I know I am talking to a wall, but the tanker fans really need to understand who's playing the game.  It's not some fatboy sitting on the couch with a controller in his hands.   These are real young men that have spent their entire lives working to get to the NFL.  Players and coaches don't give a damn about our draft position.  As a fan we should embrace that our team wants to win and deal with the draft in April. 

Hence why I said that tanking on the field is a rare phenomenon. That's a front office thing.

Now there have obviously some  recent cases of tanking that were publicly discussed but that is still typically a FO thing, like the Dolphins draft deadline firesale a few years ago.

In our case, you have an interim head coach that WANTS the job. Why would he willingly lose out?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Hence why I said that tanking on the field is a rare phenomenon. That's a front office thing.

Now there have obviously some  recent cases of tanking that were publicly discussed but that is still typically a FO thing, like the Dolphins draft deadline firesale a few years ago.

In our case, you have an interim head coach that WANTS the job. Why would he willingly lose out?

Exactly, the thing is we are actually in most of these games.  Had we not had the late turnovers against Baltimore we could have at least tied them.  Atlanta first game two missed opportunities to win. 

Win or lose you have to admire Wilks getting them to believe we can win these games.  Given a choice for a new OC after the season.  2023 could look much different.