• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Eternal Mediocrity

Day1PanthersFan

8 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Exactly, the thing is we are actually in most of these games.  Had we not had the late turnovers against Baltimore we could have at least tied them.  Atlanta first game two missed opportunities to win. 

Win or lose you have to admire Wilks getting them to believe we can win these games.  Given a choice for a new OC after the season.  2023 could look much different. 

I am still on the fence about Wilks. I think with a very good OC and if he has a little bit of a hands off role with the offense, he could be the guy.

I am also concerned about having yet another defensive and conservative coach.

11 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Lol. When did I mention the Browns?

You literally are inventing arguments in your own head.

Picking top 5 is not a guaranteed path to success. Hence why you see so many repeat franchises.

Lol it was an example. Gaslighting is your go to because you are losing like the Panthers this year. Picking 20 is a sure fire way to stay mediocre when your team lacks talent. You should just stop now because your argument is thin and doesn't hold water. 

4 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

When we hired Rhule we expected 5-11 season but what we didn't expect was the following year to be 5-12.  We definitely didn't want to see 5-12 for a third year in a row.  Winning brings an attitude.  We finish strong it gives the players something to believe in over the course of the offseason.  

Secondly, these games aren't meaningless to the players.  They still have a shot at going to the playoffs. Winning or losing record.  Making the playoffs are a goal for every team, regardless of the record.  Once you are in the playoffs everyone is equal.  A team that sucks in the beginning of the year could be totally different come playoff time.  Players love the underdog role and who knows what will happen.  These games don't become meaningless until we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.  The only meaningless interpretation comes from fans who have given up on the season.  This usually happens in here about week 5 lately.  

None of us, whether we are Pro or Con on Corral know what will play out.  We all assume that we'll draft a QB this offseason.  Mostly because we want the shiny new toy since Corral was an afterthought pick in the 3rd round.  Our new coach or Wilks may like what we have in Corral.  They may think we could address another position that will make us stronger and choose a QB later on, if we choose one at all. 

I know I am talking to a wall, but the tanker fans really need to understand who's playing the game.  It's not some fatboy sitting on the couch with a controller in his hands.   These are real young men that have spent their entire lives working to get to the NFL.  Players and coaches don't give a damn about our draft position.  As a fan we should embrace that our team wants to win and deal with the draft in April. 

The players get paid millions to play a game. They don't need moral victories. What will make them really happy is adding good players around them and becoming a better team with a better coach next year. Burns has already said without saying if Wilks is the coach he's walking. He wants to win a SB and you don't do that getting wiped out of the playoffs round one. It's really sad so many of you cling to any victory you can. That's why tepper can keep underperforming GMs like Hurney and terrible coaches like Rhule. Because the fans will be happy with moral victories. 

1 hour ago, Snake said:

Lol it was an example. Gaslighting is your go to because you are losing like the Panthers this year. Picking 20 is a sure fire way to stay mediocre when your team lacks talent. You should just stop now because your argument is thin and doesn't hold water. 

You do realize you are an insane person, right?

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Snake said:

The players get paid millions to play a game. They don't need moral victories. What will make them really happy is adding good players around them and becoming a better team with a better coach next year. Burns has already said without saying if Wilks is the coach he's walking. He wants to win a SB and you don't do that getting wiped out of the playoffs round one. It's really sad so many of you cling to any victory you can. That's why tepper can keep underperforming GMs like Hurney and terrible coaches like Rhule. Because the fans will be happy with moral victories. 

Link please?  I heard his not resounding endorsement but that is not the same.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Snake said:

You actually believing that this team lacks talent just shows that the tankers will say anything to make themselves feel better. Why should anyone listen to anything you say after that? 

You want a top pick so bad you have created this myth in your head. I was going to say, this myth in your mind. But I just couldn't.

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

You do realize you are an insane person, right?

Yeah keep thinking that my friend. You are the one that has devolved into name calling. Time to move on. This conversation has hit rock bottom and I don't care to kick rocks back at you. 

1 hour ago, mav1234 said:

Link please?  I heard his not resounding endorsement but that is not the same.

I don't feel like digging up tweets from him and McClover. They are cryptic anyway so you are just going to see it a different way. I'm pretty sure players don't hate Wilks but they want a culture change and good coaching which he can't really bring. 

Edited by Snake

31 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

You actually believing that this team lacks talent just shows that the tankers will say anything to make themselves feel better. Why should anyone listen to anything you say after that? 

You want a top pick so bad you have created this myth in your head. I was going to say, this myth in your mind. But I just couldn't.

Just because you don't want to hear it doesn't make it true. Our record speaks for itself. The stats speak for themselves. Ignoring them doesn't make them go away. I don't want to tank, we are tanked. We have 4 wins this year my dude. All against sub 500 teams. What makes you think we are good enough to beat any good team? 

Just now, Snake said:

Just because you don't want to hear it doesn't make it true. Our record speaks for itself. The stats speak for themselves. Ignoring them doesn't make them go away. I don't want to tank, we are tanked. We have 4 wins this year my dude. All against sub 500 teams. What makes you think we are good enough to beat any good team? 

Yada yada yada. Put a good to great QB on this team and all the negativity will go away. 

Just because you want it to be true, does not make it so,

6 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

Yada yada yada. Put a good to great QB on this team and all the negativity will go away. 

Just because you want it to be true, does not make it so,

So you want a good QB but you also want to pick 15 to 20. Yup sounds legit. 🤦‍♂️

7 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Tom brady was a 6th rounder damnit !!!!11!111!!!!!!11!!!!!!!

People forget the Pats already had a HOF QB before they drafted Brady. The way Rivera ran Cam you would have thought he would have done the same but nope.