• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let’s talk Division Title

Cdparr7

Just now, Cdparr7 said:

-Panthers win first division title since 2015.

-Panthers host first playoff game since 2015.

-Panthers sign go to playoffs for first time since 2017.

-Panthers sign Wilks who is an actual NFL coach.

-Wilks gets to assemble an actual coaching staff that isn’t infested with Rhule’s guys.

-We draft AR or developmental QB and avoid the Levis, Young, Stroud busts.

-Extend Sam on cheap contract until young QB develops.( In this scenario he took us to playoffs)

-Use money from not trading the farm on a QB for other key positions (WR, Edge, MLB, TE)

-Use picks from CMC trade for key depth players.

- Develop a physical ground and pound offense to compliment a strong D and dominate a division that is crumbling at the right time for a number of years.

Amazing how delusional this fanbase has become. 

2 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

The teams that beat Dallas those two times would beat the ass of this team. 
Do not disrespect those teams by putting them in the same category as this sorry team. 
How dare you. 

Nobody thought we would beat Aikman, Irvin, and Smith the first time or Parcells the second time and we did. 

Those Dallas teams would stomp McCarthy’s frauds.

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

We win the division title in your scenario and you’re crying about it?

There’s a ton of speculation in that post. Last I checked we have beat Dallas twice in the playoffs at home. 

This fanbase is SOFT. 

Soft GIF

2 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

-Panthers win first division title since 2015.

-Panthers host first playoff game since 2015.

-Panthers sign go to playoffs for first time since 2017.

-Panthers sign Wilks who is an actual NFL coach.

-Wilks gets to assemble an actual coaching staff that isn’t infested with Rhule’s guys.

-We draft AR or developmental QB and avoid the Levis, Young, Stroud busts.

-Extend Sam on cheap contract until young QB develops.( In this scenario he took us to playoffs)

-Use money from not trading the farm on a QB for other key positions (WR, Edge, MLB, TE)

-Use picks from CMC trade for key depth players.

- Develop a physical ground and pound offense to compliment a strong D and dominate a division that is crumbling at the right time for a number of years.

Wilks is a low tier coach and "ground and pound with a tough d" is boomer poo that hasn't won since the early 80s

Just now, TLGPanthersFan said:

Those pathetic fans who think we will actually win a playoff game. 

How about a division title. We haven’t won in so long it’s like if we start winning y’all won’t have anything to bitch about anymore and you’re scared of it. 

1 minute ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

Wilks is a low tier coach and "ground and pound with a tough d" is boomer poo that hasn't won since the early 80s

I’m not boomer but it’s working for this Dallas team y’all are terrified of. It’s working for Tennessee and SF. 

Y’all act like every team has to be like Chiefs or the season isn’t worth playing. 

“Damn still no Mahomes in the draft, should just cancel the season this year”.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

Just now, Cdparr7 said:

I’m not boomer but it’s working for this Dallas team y’all are terrified of. It’s working for Tennessee and SF. 

Y’all act like every team has to be like Chiefs or the season isn’t worth playing. 

“Damn still no Mahomes in the draft, should just cancel the season this year”.

how many bowls have they won

18 hours ago, Snake said:

The only reason we are even close is that 7 wins might get you to the playoffs this year. What a fuged year. 

Yeah and that fugged 7-8-1 record in 2014 helped to propel this team to a SB berth in 2015.

I genuinely don't understand the people so worried we are going to "miss" on CJ Stroud or Bryce Young.  Seriously??  They look like another Jameis Winston/Marcus Mariota combo to me.  If there was a year to tank, this ain't it.  If there was a talent like Cam, Andrew Luck, Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawrence then I could see it, but Stroud & Young ain't those guys.  Doesn't mean they won't develop into good QB's, but there is zero evidence of any transcendent talent there.

I've really yet to see any evidence these guys are worth tanking for.  And we still have 5 picks in the first 3 rounds.  I can't understand the tanking mentality for the season right now while the division is still in play.

It's been years since I've felt this optimistic about the team long-term. We have a legit LT, arguably the best tackle combo we've ever had, a top 10 Oline, a true #1 receiver, the best Edge player in Burns we've had since Peppers, a true lockdown CB in Horn, a top 10 DT in Derrick Brown, a beast at LB in Luvu, and a starting caliber RB in Foreman.

Yes, there are still holes, but the only one holding this team back from the playoffs is QB.  Looking at this roster compared to 2020 is eye-opening.  It's just so, so much better.  There are people who tilt too far in the homer direction (myself-included sometimes), but the current amount of negativity doesn't fit the current reality IMHO.

I'm just enjoying this wild ride of oscillating between a top 10 pick and the playoffs.  It's beats the crap out of the past few seasons.

I feel like a lot of people wanting unmitigated disaster and doom are really reaching here.  Given the sorry overall state of the NFC South and the NFC overall, we are definitely in a decent position to capitalize going forward over the next few years.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

how many bowls have they won

They are in the dance every year. 

But I guess you’re right, they have won as many as the Chargers, Cardinals, Packers, Bengals, and Saints in recent years. 

Rams D won the Super Bowl as did the Defense for the Bucs.

• Beer 1

Cdparr7 is the guy who says we'll win 11 or 12 games when you ask during preseason ... every preseason. Then when the teams stumbles he vanishes a bit. Then when there's a chance of something happening for the team, he returns. Cdparr7 is also the guy who doesn't understand that falling ass bakward into the Playoffs this year is not the same as making the Playoffs year after year due to being an elite franchise.

But hey, man, enjoy your Wild Card game if we get it! Get pumped! Wear your Carolina colors! Cheer your asss off! Then when your next post is way way away on Draft day ... tell us all how you have a great feeling about the upcoming season! 12-5! Keep Pounding!

Bill Murray Yes GIF

• Flames 1