• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Don't talk about playoffs.. well, sorry

bLACKpANTHER

20 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

If we win out, we are in the playoffs. All 5 games should be winnable. It's up to Darnold really. Our defense is the best unit out of any of the 10 units we have left on the schedule.

Crazy that we are two plays away from 6-6, and four plays away from 7-5, with everything that has happened this season

Well, I wouldn't overdo it.  Had those four plays gone our way, The Process would still be here and we would not be having this conversation.  That may also be true of the two play scenario. 

Sometimes the cure for the disease initially hurts as bad as the disease.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

13 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

Denver’s defense is solid. Granted their O is a pile a poo and our defense took care of business, but if our O can keep running the ball and Sammy keeps his turnovers down, it could get exciting. All this team needs is a competent qb and it’s not too shabby 

We are gonna have to win a shootout and the teams we face in the playoffs can score. Do you trust Darnold to actually be able to win a shootout?
Last time he did was against Dallas last season and he threw 2 INTs and would have had 0 TDs if not for 2 garbage time TDs. 
This team isn’t the 2019 49ers. 

1 hour ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

It's also much better to hope we make the playoffs, than to sit and hope we lose every game so we can draft a QB that isn't going to be available by our pick.

as one who is just tired of losing so much, i wouldn't mind at all winning the rest of the season.

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

We are gonna have to win a shootout and the teams we face in the playoffs can score. Do you trust Darnold to actually be able to win a shootout?
Last time he did was against Dallas last season and he threw 2 INTs and would have had 0 TDs if not for 2 garbage time TDs. 

We have a solid defense. A bengals type game is definitely on the table in the playoffs, but this defense has had some really solid performances, and our line is having fun in the run game. 

Football is weird. If we somehow pull making the playoffs out of our ass, I’ll enjoy the ride 😂

1 minute ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Good thing half the league is one of the worst teams in the league this year. 

It may actually be two-thirds of the league.  There are some pretty bad teams, even in the middle third or so of the league.  It seems parity has given way to the least common denominator. 

The number of impressive teams is, well, unimpressive.

4 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

We have a solid defense. A bengals type game is definitely on the table in the playoffs, but this defense has had some really solid performances, and our line is having fun in the run game. 

Football is weird. If we somehow pull making the playoffs out of our ass, I’ll enjoy the ride 😂

Solid performances against bad teams. Consider me unimpressed. 

30 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

Well, we have 5 bad teams left out of 5 games on our schedule

Again, its all up to if Darnold can play well

I don’t think Seattle is a bad team. They have a top 10, borderline top 5 offense. Their biggest weakness of similar to the Bengals, their defense. 
I will be very interested in if our defense can stop Seattles offense and if Darnold can take advantage of Seattles defense. 
Could be looking out a shootout. 

1 hour ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

No I don’t trust Sam to do anything, I’m just saying this is a decent lineup and if Sam doesn’t turn the ball over they will continue to be decent. But we all know Sam sucks 

• Beer 1