• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Spencer Rattler ? Write up by Daniel Kelly article from Aug 31, 2022

raleigh-panther

2 hours ago, Varking said:

In the first? No thanks. But he is a great talent and I’d be comfortable rolling the dice on him in the second round. Interviews will tell you if he’s been humbled or not. I haven’t heard any horror stories of him being a bad teammate since high school. 

I wouldn't take away any potential starter picks for him (1-5th).  7th maybe 6th or undrafted FA and I would let him try to earn a roster spot.  Some humility would help him a lot.  Is he even entering the draft?  He should stay IMO.  

• Pie 1

I think the most encouraging thing about Rattler was that over his last 5 games he was 11 TDs to 3 interceptions with a near 70% completion. He definitely pulled it together in the last few games. I think he should definitely spend one more year in college and if he keeps up his development over the last 5 into all of next year he will be back in the first round mix.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

I wouldn't take away any potential starter picks for him (1-5th).  7th maybe 6th or undrafted FA and I would let him try to earn a roster spot.  Some humility would help him a lot.  Is he even entering the draft?  He should stay IMO.  

For sure if he is available there you take a chance on him. Like I said, it’s going to come down to interviews and does this team feel he has matured enough from his past. Something to push him to the NFL.. I believe Rhule just plucked his or is about to pluck his offensive coordinator from this season. 

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, DFive said:

No Way Do Not Want GIF by Schitt's Creek

This kid is trash and was awful on Netflix's "QB-1". He literally caused a controversy over Twitter by talking poo to a team they had just played and his family and coaching staff swept it under the rug so he wouldn't lose his scholarship. He wasn't even remorseful, he just smugly smiled and knew he would get away with it because he always does. Dude is bad news and not worth spending any kind of draft pick on.

literally came here to post this guy is garbage he's worse than Baker Mayfield

• Flames 1

I've watched a lot of his games this year, not an SC fan but I have buddies that are so we watch.  I'm not big on Rattler at all but from what I saw, this year, his OC wasn't helping him early in the year.  Most Saturday's we play a game during the game.  Every time there is a wide receiver screen pass, we take a drink.  Needless to say, a case of beer could be gone by the end of the game.  Against Tennessee and Clemson they finally let the kid air the ball out and I have to say, he looked good doing it.  The entire year, all I heard from Gamecock fans was they needed to fire the OC.

Raddler is Sam Darnold with a bad OC and meh talent this year. Was a lite version of usc-w Darnold at OU with a great OC and top talent. Maybe there is time for it to all click and he becomes a great NFL guy. A team might be won over on the interview, but right now he's a day 3 pick on what he's done. 6th round flier, why not. if he does nothing little lost, if he actually can process pre snap looks and go thru progressions well, he's got the skills to be a starter. 

22 hours ago, rayzor said:

full disclosure...i grew up a clemson fan. i grew up hating the gamecocks in the process.

i saw some people talking about how well he did against Tenn. after he and USC just weren't that good to that point. 

i thought it had to be a fluke. like most others, i just don't like the kid. i think he's a punk and i have to admit that what he showed us in that netflix show wasn't good. that is what cancer in a team looks like.

i watched that clemson game thinking that it was clemson's right out of the gate. 

but rattler had me rattled the whole game. he kept doing stuff that just pissed me off because he looked so good doing it. rattler killed it. 

did something happen and he turned a corner? who knows. but what i saw that game and what i saw from him in the bits of the Tennessee game i watched, i couldn't help but wonder how well he'd do here.

i still think he's a punk and could be problems for whatever team he goes to, but what i saw him do on that field....i don't know. if he can do that on the regular, it makes the jackass part of him a bit more tolerable.

i'm not saying yes by any means, but my no has gotten a bit softer.

That's exactly what I thought as well. He passed the eye test these last two weeks (I will also admit that it was the only time I've seen him play), and looked head and shoulders above Will Levis. I don't know what to think about him fully, but I was very impressed with him.