• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

All the fans that want to tank, you guys are all in on Stroud?

GoobyPls

With how bad the Texans are we have zero chance of ever getting Bryce Young, so that leaves Stroud, that’s who you guys want to tank for?

In my opinion I think Young is the only legit franchise QB in this upcoming draft and the rest of the first round QB prospects are interchangeable, so I have no issue where we end up drafting. I still think we end up drafting a QB

tanking isnt specifically about stroud i feel. I feel its about being in the best position possible to help your franchise in the future no matter who you take. aif i want stroud it will cost u a lot less if your already at number 1. Vs having to trade up and loss more capital from say 8.

Even if you dont want stroud you would be in a better position to take the BPA or even trade down and take say young and make a few extra picks to boot.

• Pie 4

I just want quality picks because we need talent. 

QB, WR, RB, TE, and OL all need to be upgraded on offense. 

DT, DE, LB, and FS need to be upgraded on defense. 

It won't be done all in one season but the best way to get talent is to draft it and next year is another cap hell for us so we are almost required to upgrade that way. Life will be much harder in the 2nd round if we are picking 45 instead of 35.

• Pie 5

So our team is too good to tank. Which is viewed as bad, but I lean the other way, especially since our best players are pre-prime young guys, and at premium positions. 

Just keep adding talent, replace McAdoo, and find a QB that excels at what you want to do. You don’t have to reach or trade up or any nonsense like that.  

HC, OC is still up in the air for next year, so we still don’t know the direction.

If for some reason Wilks is retained, the current offensive philosophy is QB friendly (need more creativity in the passing game though). Strong power run game, play action heavy, strong defense.

The best players in this draft ARE NOT quarterbacks, and I believe the evaluation process near draft time will show that. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

51 minutes ago, Snake said:

I just want quality picks because we need talent. 

QB, WR, RB, TE, and OL all need to be upgraded on offense. 

DT, DE, LB, and FS need to be upgraded on defense. 

It won't be done all in one season but the best way to get talent is to draft it and next year is another cap hell for us so we are almost required to upgrade that way. Life will be much harder in the 2nd round if we are picking 45 instead of 35.

so are you happy wit the kickers?  Seems to be the only group you left off of your list lol. 

• Beer 6

4 minutes ago, Varking said:

I’m all in on drafting a QB high in the draft and developing him. I am super off of bring in retread QBs from other teams. Am I cool with Stroud? Yes. 

Only problem is we ain't getting close to Stroud. That went out after beating Denver. Or them beating themselves. 

Just now, Snake said:

Only problem is we ain't getting close to Stroud. That went out after beating Denver. Or them beating themselves. 

Maybe somebody will Fields him and a false story about how he’s a last in, first out kid who doesn’t work hard? Or that OSU QBs don’t work in the NFL? ( ignoring his recent stretch where they were the top scoring team in the NFL for five weeks and then dropped to 10 points this week without him )

But yeah, if we were hoping to have our pick of the litter at 2 that’s out of the window now. Hopefully our new regime feels strongly about one of the guys after him and makes that call. 

Just being honest here, I’d rather roll with a Levis or Richardson ( and I haven’t publicly supported us drafting either of them ) and let them develop for three seasons than bring in somebody else’s cast off for 1-2 year deals again and watch us repeat a process that hasn’t worked for us. 

That being said, I would be ok with bringing in Minshew because I don’t think he has had a fair shake and he’s put up better numbers than any QB we have rolled out for years and he’s done it with lesser talent around him. 

3 minutes ago, year of the snitch said:
  • Bryce isn't QB1 in this draft.
  • See the Wilson/ White situation in NYJ before answering.
  • Remember kids, tanking is not a real thing.

Young and Stroud are the number 1-2 of this class. Just like Lawrence and Fields were 1-2 of that class before everyone got prospect fatigue on them and decided to trash Fields before the draft. I’m sure the Jets and 49Ers would redo that if they could. 

• Pie 1

The entire draft process has yet to play out so there's still a lot to be determined. I don't want to tank per se, but I don't care about meaningless wins like Washington that cost us a shot at Tua or Herbert. Once we're out of it, play the young guys, see what we have. In this division we won't be out until week 18 even with only 6 wins.