• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Interesting thought game..

bLACKpANTHER

3 hours ago, Diehardpanth02 said:

That's a cop out. No one play, player or part of the game is solely responsible for the outcomes. Except maybe a kicker. Refs make calls. And don't make calls..it happens. If Cam recovers that fumble we may win, if Ron comes in prepared we may win that game. If Mike Tolbert holds on to the football we may win that game. If Remmers wasn't a turn style we may win that game.

Football isn't a sport where you can blame one person, player or ref. It's a culmination of moving parts, that's the beauty of it. To win a ball game. It takes all 11 players playing their best each play. Coaching being on their toes each play. And hopefully enough calls go your way that in the end you have a chance to win.

People that blame refs suffer from vaginosis.

i think people who blame refs only watch the panthers on Sunday

literally every other forum for every NFL team has the same poo

find threads from the losers of the past 15 super bowls or whatever and you’ll find it. every loser for every game, go look, you’ll find it. coincidence? no. i have seen teams tee off on tons of well known qbs. people can’t get past their emotions and bias.

there are no conspiracy’s, the refs are old ass men. they are awful. they are a relic and their purpose can be cheaply replaced and more effectively carried out by technology

but nothing will change until people start dying and new generations take over, ones who care for competitive accuracy instead of some ‘human error is part of the game’ status quo bullshit

but for now, it’s just the way it is, and the evolution will be slow

Edited by onmyown

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

For the record, I've always put far more blame on Mike Shula than I did Mike Remmers. Remmers was a solid RT with an Achilles heel of speed rushers. Atlanta gave us a preview in the regular season when wish.com Von Miller in Vic Beasley absolutely ate Remmers' lunch on the way to the Falcons handing us our lone regular season loss. How Shula didn't realize there was no way he could count on Remmers to hold up against Miller without help and that he'd need to on every play either help Remmers, dial up quick hitters, or roll Cam out away from Miller I have no idea. Why he didn't start doing these things at some point in the game I have no idea.

Now do the KC game...

Any version of Steve Smith like a poster stated earlier, this board, fo, and wannabe analysts all thought it was a good idea to cut him and acted as if he was going to hinder that 2015 team. 

you think any db in the world wants to face Steve smith in the playoffs let alone Super Bowl ? Broncos bullied our wrs and o line and we never recovered 

luckily the falcons followed that embarrassing 2015 Super Bowl loss we had with one of the worst choke jobs in history, I couldn’t sleep for weeks after that superbowl(figuratively speaking) 

I think more important than changing players would be replacing Shula with a competent OC. Honestly, even with Moton, Gross, Icky, or whoever you want to put at RT, prime Von Miller was pretty much impossible to stop. The ridiculous part was putting a bottom 5% OT on an island against Von Miller without any TE or RB support/chip.

• Beer 1

8 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If I could take anyone off our current team and put them on the roster for that day it'd be Moton. No question.

1. Moton

2. Ekwonu

3. DJ Moore

Any of those three could potentially have changed that outcome. 

The truth is, however, the thing that would have unquestionably changed it was coaching and game planning. We could have beaten that team as-is because we beat way, way, WAAAAAAY better teams on the run to that point. 

It's hard to get around your coaching staff just simply choking. 

• Pie 2

7 hours ago, OneBadCat said:

That attitude is why the officials have no accountability and why the product on the field is trash. 

Professional football is a game of minute mistakes. These are the best athletes in the world who have trained all their lives and coaches who have worked decades at their craft. Yet the NFL continues to trot out part time officials. So yeah it makes a difference when they fug up.

The Cotchery call was the biggest momentum play of the game. Cam was headshotted multiple times with no calls. One personal foul for a new set of times probably changes that game. Denver was also offsides on our missed field goals. 

Just look at how the officials reacted when they made PI challengeable. They boycotted it and refused to overturn clear evidence every time. It’s not just mistakes and incompetence, it’s indignance too. The league has a serious officiating problem. 

People who toe the line say you can’t blame one player or one thing but that is quite literally bullshit. Players can’t say that because that’s team culture. But yet every one knows Baker Mayfield and Matt Rhule are why we are a losing team right now.

Aqib Talib flat out said he was trying to injure Philly Brown and he got a 25k fine. What he did could literally have killed him and he got nothing from the NFL. The people I was watching the game with were Denver fans and even they were saying the refs were calling such a biased game they weren't trying to hide it. There was no way Manning was going to finish his career 1-3 in SB appearances to an upstart black QB that was taking the NFL by storm. It was never going to happen. 

• Beer 1

I will give you a bridge further into crazy theories. If Bene doesn't break his leg we win that game. Early in the game Peyton throw an absolute duck that our 5th string corner couldn't quite get too. If Bene is playing he picks it off and it's 6 the other way. Broncos ended up scoring that drive. 

The NFL was never going to let us win Manning's last game unless we blew them out.  I believe this game had 15+ missed calls all in Denver's favor.  One of the worst officiated games especially in the SB.  Refs are bad all around (for reasons) but this game was worse than any game I have seen and yes I have watched a lot more than just Panthers games lol.   I think that yes, if we had someone better than Remmers and we had a better gameplan we COULD have blown them out and negated these terrible calls but since we didn't, we were never on even footing with Denver because of the poor officiating.  That's how it goes in the NFL.

16 hours ago, Jesse said:

Give me anyone over Mike Remmers and we win. Literally anyone in the league at the time. fug man, now I’m upset again. It’s been 6 years and I’m still not over the fact we got robbed. 

I blame this solely on Ron Rivera.  He let Remmers get destroyed all game by Von Miller.  There was no game plan to neutralize Miller (yes that is hard to do) and no adjustments to help Remmers.  The coaching staff just left Remmers on an island all game.  

• Pie 1