• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If Darnold plays well,do they keep him around?

Jmac

Just cut the whole damn group loose (keep M.C around), or keep Darnold as a #2?

If they do pick a QB in the draft, keep Sam around to start until the rookie is ready to take the job?

What's your thoughts?

Edited by Jmac

Doesn't look like we are getting Stroud or Bryce. I am 1000% on board with rolling with PJ and Corral next year, see how Corral does and then make your decision on the QB position next year.

Reason being;

- Not a fan of any of the QBs this year

- Solidify another position through the draft or trade back this year

- Potential to draft Drake Maye or Harrison Jr. (depending on Corral situation) next year

I think it will ultimately come down to the HC, if its Wilks idk if he can afford another bad season but maybe he rolls with an offensive scheme similar to what we are doing now. And if we hire a new coach, he almost certainty will push to draft a QB this upcoming year. 

• Pie 5

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

That will be up to the next coach. As for me I'm indifferent to the whole thing. 

The whole QB position will be up in the air because a new head coach will want to put his stamp of approval on the team.

The QB position will be one of the main things he will address, to see who fits his his overall program plan..

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, KatsAzz said:

The whole QB position will be up in the air because a new head coach will want to put his stamp of approval on the team.

The QB position will be one of the main things he will address, to see who fits his his overall program plan..

Pretty much. That's why all this qb melodrama is a waste of energy.  Until that is settled I just don't see the point in worrying about it. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

Depends. 

If Darnold plays good and isn’t replaced before the end of the year, Wilks probably keeps him on a cheap deal, PJ on a cheap deal, and Corral. Maybe add another guy in the draft or FA.

If it’s another head coach, doubt any of them stay except Corral because he’s on his rookie deal 

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

Depends. 

If Darnold plays good and isn’t replaced before the end of the year, Wilks probably keeps him on a cheap deal, PJ on a cheap deal, and Corral. Maybe add another guy in the draft or FA.

If it’s another head coach, doubt any of them stay except Corral because he’s on his rookie deal 

That would pretty much be my take as well.

The FA list is pretty comical. Teddy/Baker/Sam/PJ/Heinicke/Kyle Allen. Been there done that. Then you have Jimmy G, Brissett, Minshew. Then you have Keenum/Dalton and a couple other aging backups that may or may not even be interested in football. I don't really want any of them for more than $5M max