• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If Darnold plays well,do they keep him around?

Jmac

15 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

I don’t think I have ever seen as bad of a Free Agent QB list as this off-season before. 
Usually there is some QB that makes you think “maybe if” but not this year. 
Hope this doesn’t mean we are in for another year of down football. 
NFL has been so bad this year. 

Yup, when you start losing the Fitzpatricks and Philip Rivers, Brees', and the other ones that didn't retire are falling off dramatically like Ryan/Russ/Cam/Brady/Rodgers it's rough. There was an insane amount of solid 10-20 year franchise QB's until the last year or two

• Pie 1

It honesty doesn’t matter. Corral’s ceiling is a back up. A worthwhile FA isn’t coming here. Tepper sucks as owner and will keep Fits. And this franchise isn’t going anywhere anyways until the draft a franchise QB, which will likely come from a top pick.

Until that QB is drafted, it really, honestly doesn’t matter what scrub is out back there.

I don't think we keep Sam, but we're not going to be in a good spot in the draft for a QB imo. I expect to see a new veteran QB to start while Corral continues to learn. Don't expect the Panthers to have a good season any time soon. Long way to go.

If Sam somehow lights it up the rest of the season, then that changes the conversation.

• Beer 1

It's all going to depend on who the next HC is.  If Sam plays really well, we win games, and he makes plays, then I have no problem with making him a backup.

I also have no problem letting him go with everyone else and starting fresh.  I just want to know who our coach is in 2023...