• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule: “I wish I never took the job”

CashNewton22

5 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

There was a group of us who were never fooled by Rhule on day 1. We kept outlinging the problems. We got blasted. Teddy outlined the problems after year 1 and he got blasted. In comes Fitterer and Morgan who help find Darnold as a value and it is pointed out again. We got blasted. Gettleman fooled the same group that Rhule fooled. Fitterer is going to fool you all for another season or two. I will say this again. This organization was built to win in 2002 and again in 2011. The wheels started falling off after the 2013 season. The organization was strong and the NFL reaps the benefits from all of that to this day; just not with the Panthers anymore. When the core that was put in place pre-Gettleman faded from this organization, everything that was done wrong was there for everyone to see. There was a small sliver of hope when Hurney stepped back in, but change to Tepper and Rhule killed that quickly. Hurney is not a dyanasty GM/VP, but he will get a team to the SB once every decade. He will make mistakes, but he is one of the top GMs when it comes to bringing talent to the NFL. He found Delhomme and Heinicke. If Tepper were truly patient, he would have Heinicke at QB after Kyle Allen and Cam Newton had their runs. A QB like Jimmy G was available and some told you about him while you laughed at us. A QB like Jimmy G or Heinicke pair well with CMC. The combo opens up everyone on the field and gives you a great chance of winning close games in the 4th quarter. You were told about McDermott leaving and Beane not being allowed to be GM. You were told about Moore being no better than a good #2 WR. This team would likely have Stefon Diggs #1, DJ Moore #2, CMC, Heinicke and Jimmy G at QB, and Dawson Knox at TE. If everyone who got fooled in the organization didn't miss what was under their nose.

This small group of us will let you know when you are no longer being fooled. You can keep laughing until then and be entertained by your fools and jesters you view as heroes.

Is that you Marty? 

• Beer 1

Meh, I didn't like him from the beginning, but what he's saying there has some merit. Still, who doesn't think there's a need to win immediately at the NFL level?

Good luck to him in Nebraska. We've got a lot of work to do around here thanks to him and we can't spend more time on him than we already have. Time for us to quit renting him space in our hearts and minds.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, CPantherKing said:

Hurney is not a dyanasty GM/VP, but he will get a team to the SB once every decade. He will make mistakes, but he is one of the top GMs when it comes to bringing talent to the NFL.

You blew your who story with this insane comment.   Hurney brings in talent to the NFL.   

I did a lengthy spreadsheet on Hurney a couple of years ago.  He was money in round 1 and garbage beyond it.  Not counting the first round he was well under 50% on his "talent" and only 2 or 3 Pro Bowlers outside round 1. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, NAS said:

“The trajectory we were on was correct,”. “It was to have a team that next year could make the big trade. I think you see the signs of it right now. I give Steve and the coaches all the credit, but I’m a part of that building process.”

Douche is trying to take credit for what Wilks has done when be had TMJ and Foreman riding the bench. No class or accountability. I hope he fails miserably at Nebraska

You don't have to hope, he will fail miserably there. He is always one step ahead of his BS catching up to him, hence why he bounces around from team to team and drags his band of cronies with him.

• The D 1
  • Flames 1

Assuming everything he is saying here isn't a lie/him trying to cover for his bruised ego I think that the far more disturbing possibility is.. what if Tepper actually gave him, a coach who beat two ranked teams in college (both were g5 teams) a clean 5 year slate to "rebuild" the team originally and only backtracked on it after seeing just how bad he was on the field? It would add up with him being retained for year 3 and then fired in-season. Did Tepper seriously believe that it took 5 years for a team to win in the NFL? If so we might just find ourselves sucking for a very, very long time.

I had been trying to convince myself that this wasn't the case but this interview doesn't do much for my optimism as a fan. Guess all we can do is hope Tepper learned from his mistakes...

Edited by beo
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1