• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule: “I wish I never took the job”

CashNewton22

I could write Rhule's answer.  You simply say you have no real regrets but wish the outcome had been better.   it was a great learning experience, and you believe you are better coach now because of it.  And then you simply start talking about how it helped you realize that your real passion and best fit is in the college world.  Boom, done. 

but Rhule isn't a good coach.  Nor a good leader.  Nor an X and O guy.   It's just bullshit.   And I think his bullshit on the college recruiting tour won't sell as well as too many adults steering kids will start pointing it all out since he sort of has been exposed. 

• Pie 7

Hearing his voice just made me cringe. 
Knowing he lies and probably believes them.

Since he was sooooo bad here, I don’t think we’ll have to worry about this , but there is no way I could ever listen to him as a commentator ( tv / radio ). .  No one would hire him. 

I feel sorry for Nebraska.  And hope they lose as long as he’s there

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Good point. It wouldn't be a good look for Tepper to skewer him publicly.

i get the feeling that tepper isn't concerned about how he is perceived...i mean not until after he does something. he impulsively does what he wants when he wants and then hides when backlash comes. 

• Beer 2

9 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Gotta admire her dedication and commitment to support Rhule. 

It's annoying when people don't know the difference between a coach and a general manager.  Rhule was unable to get the production out of a team that had more talent at the time. He didn't use CMC correctly and he kept Foreman on the bench who has been ELITE.  DJ Moore was close to checking out, Psycho Bob Andersen was on the brink of complete mental collapse.  The run fits sucked.  Hell even McAdoo is performing better without Rhule here.

Edited by TheMaulClaw
  • Pie 1

9 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

You know Tepper is petty as hell. He won't randomly tweet anything but Joe Person will get some amazing in depth source material for an Athletic article soon lol. 

I'm waiting for Tepper to take over the Nebraska collective, donate money to all competing programs, and or purchase property next to Rhule's new house just to keep 7 years of construction running at all hours of the day just to get back at him.

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This. I've been saying for months that Rhule and Nebraska were the perfect fit but watching his blame game tour I'd be rolling my eyes if I was a Nebraska fan.

Look man, you got fired as an NFL coach. That poo happens. I mean, Bill Belichick got fired as an NFL coach. It's called the Not For Long League for a reason. Just suck it up, own it, say you tried your best and unfortunately it didn't work out and keep it moving. You've already landed your next gig. There's no reason to play this blame game bullshit other than to massage your own ego 

He is too self absorbed to take the high road.

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Honestly, after that poo, it should be fair game for the organization to drop the professionalism and just fuging skewer this fugtard. Air all his dirty laundry.

Don't think we will hear from the major players in the front office but have to think that Fitt has some friends in the building that may speak off the record. Maybe even a player or too.    I would imagine that there are quite a few people upset with what Rhule said.  I hope they start talking. Reporters get to work!

Players have made a statement about Rhule already in the way they are praising Wilks. 

Edited by ladypanther
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 3
  • Flames 1

10 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yikes 😬

He's basically saying Tepper misled him, and that if he were told differently or given more time he could have produced.

He references Wilks, but seems to ignore the fact that the team only improved after he left and some of his loyalists were fired.

Wonder how the players who defended him while he was here would feel about this.

Ultimately I don’t think many players who have stuck around the league for a few seasons care at all. Honestly reaching the NFL at all even for a short time is a massive achievement regardless of what team or coach you play for.

These players will tow the party line until it’s not convenient to do so and then they’ll migrate to toeing the line for another coach. Except low IQ players like Robbie Anderson who will likely be out of the NFL as soon as next season.