• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule: “I wish I never took the job”

CashNewton22

11 minutes ago, saX man said:

I love how the 7 year plan became a 6 year plan, then a 5 year, and now apparently a 4 year plan.  

THERE WAS NO PLAN

Yeah that was when I knew with 100% certainty that Rhule sucked. When he announced that "the process" was just a catchphrase and not an actual plan.

Edited by Khaki Lackey
  • Beer 2

10 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah Tepper got played, he was obviously embarrassed in that presser. At least Nebraska is very far away and usually not in the national media so in a month or so he'll basically vanish off the face of the earth

I blame Tepper for selecting Rhule, instead of letting NFL experts do a head coaching job search evaluation and then taking their advice before hiring one.

Does this guy ever take accountability for anything at all? Reminds me of my to the extreme narcissistic ex wife. Hell, he is just like the ugly troll except a male version. Those two could be a match made in heaven. I dare say 99.999% of the fans here in Carolina can all agree we wish this goof ball never took the job either. Seriously, we all argue about tanking or not, which QB to draft, whether Wilks is a good fit as a permanent coach or not etc etc etc but we im sure all actually AGREE on the fact that Matt Rhule is a prick and an idiot as a coach at the NFL level. He was paid very well to perform very BADLY at his job. He should be thankful he got that cash grab here and then moves directly into a new cash grab. What does he honestly have to be pissed about? What a jerk.

Edited by YourLastThought
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

42 minutes ago, ThPantherFan said:

He was taking the job no matter what.  62mil talks loudly.

yep. it was pretty obvious that he'd rather have been with the NYG, but that $62 for 7 years was a pretty good argument. very much a N00b move for a new owner with more cash than any other owner (at the time) and thought that money solved all problems. 

of course what money does is enslave you to the idea that money makes everything right and more money = more smarts. the reality is it makes everyone stupid and the more you have the more boldly stupid you get...but people listen to you because they fall prey to the myth that money = smart. 

but yeah....rhule knew what mattered at the moment. money and freedom to do what he wanted as a coach. hurney and tepper basically came to his door begging and pleading and gave him whatever he wanted. 

• Beer 2