• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule: “I wish I never took the job”

CashNewton22

13 minutes ago, countryboi said:

Rhule was a fuging snake oil salesman, he could sell his mediocrity to anyone which is why he stays employed but when he sounded like a youth pastor at his initial press conference that should have been a red flag.  

His grandpa was a baseball umpire and his dad was in fact a founder of a Christian ministry so the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.

• Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Callihan was something of a Rhule homer when he was on the hot seat.

I'm gonna guess he feels differently now.

If anything, Rhule should be thanking Tepper for allowing him to come back for another season to try to improve himself, but he only got worse.

LMFAO at him on Eisen saying there wasn't anyone to take at QB.  Umm who is QB for the best record in football? 

On why he didn't:

“No. Cause there was really no one. Well, I shouldn’t say that, Justin Fields is playing really well and Mac Jones is someone that I have a lot of respect for. Sometimes articles come out after you get fired that go, ‘Hey, why didn’t you guys get Justin Herbert?’ Well, ya know, because he got drafted in front of us. And, ya know, I wasn’t the GM. I didn’t make the picks.

Um, you're missing an MVP front runner Rhule, anyone ringing a bell?

• Flames 1

12 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yikes 😬

He's basically saying Tepper misled him, and that if he were told differently or given more time he could have produced.

He references Wilks, but seems to ignore the fact that the team only improved after he left and some of his loyalists were fired.

Wonder how the players who defended him while he was here would feel about this.

You were right as he is the biggest snakeoil salesman out there especially in the coaching world. I mean how the hell is Nebraska buying in with this lack of accountability? 

But the players who defended him, especially the Baylor and Temple players still would have been down because most of them don't have the talent to grace any other NFL roster. The others had to be toeing the company line.

"I give Scott a lot of credit but I deserve some of the credit" but "I wasn't the GM" in the same breath.  

The wild thing is that these are the same hosts absolutely (and appropriately) burning Zach Wilson at the stakes for not taking accountability, meanwhile, laughing away with this rambling, incoherent buffoon doing the same thing as a coach to his former employer out in the open.  Multiple times, on multiple channels.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1