• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let's Talk Tanner McKee, QB, Stanford

saX man

5 minutes ago, Ocpanthertew714 said:

Honestly,

He looks like a big-dumb idiot.

But that's to be expected when you get an education from Stanford.

Future bust in the making.

He won’t get drafted…bust is a compliment for this guy.

6-6 drink of water with noodle arm and powderpuff toughness. No

Edited by Shocker
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Shocker said:

He won’t get drafted…bust is a compliment for this guy.

6-6 drink of water with noodle arm and powderpuff toughness. No

I mean that's just flat out wrong.  All I'll tell you are people that make decisions in the league think otherwise.  As much as people want to hype up Penix, Richardson, etc. who have a plethora of issues and simply aren't ready, you have a guy here with every physical trait you can ask for that's moldable.  Could he be a Hackenberg? Sure, but it would be extremely shortsided to discount based off of Stanford's play as a team.  

2 minutes ago, saX man said:

I mean that's just flat out wrong.  All I'll tell you are people that make decisions in the league think otherwise.  As much as people want to hype up Penix, Richardson, etc. who have a plethora of issues and simply aren't ready, you have a guy here with every physical trait you can ask for that's moldable.  Could he be a Hackenberg? Sure, but it would be extremely shortsided to discount based off of Stanford's play as a team.  

This guy is off the radar and anyone really considering this guy is looking at measurables.  You have your opinion so thats great…I don’t see anything appealing with him

Edited by Shocker
  • Beer 1

Just now, Shocker said:

This guy is off the radar and anyone really considering this guy is looking at measurables.  You have your opinion so thats great…I don’t see anything appealing with him

Not what I hear from TEN and SF at least.  SF guy is retired but TEN connects are still in it.  Arthur dislikes him.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, saX man said:

Not what I hear from TEN and SF at least.  SF guy is retired but TEN connects are still in it.  Arthur dislikes him.

That’s fine…I am seriously wondering if the days of the tall pocket passers are become extinct.  Game is changing.  Not sure I like that but dual threats are the new jazz

1 minute ago, Shocker said:

That’s fine…I am seriously wondering if the days of the tall pocket passers are become extinct.  Game is changing.  Not sure I like that but dual threats are the new jazz

A guy like him rises because he has the stuff that some places absolutely prioritize (size & arm primarily) so what seems like rather averageness on the outside is viewed at a different floor due to those high marks w/ sheer physical traits.

My top 4 (which to us should be the real targets) are:

Young, Stroud, Levis and Richardson in order.  You could shuffle the deck and any of them could be on top in 5 years.  

Richardson and Levis have very high upside but major questions.  Young is the best player right now.  Stroud kinda worries me.  He feels “manufactured” in that offense more than the others

Not familiar, but I like his game tape. He doesn't have a lot of talent around him so he has to make every completion happen. The main thing I notice is he does well on the "Wide Open" test. Watch, or rather listen to the highlight reel for a QB and see how many times the announcer exclaims, "Wide Open!" I think I heard one Wide Open on McKee's highlight reel. He's throwing his receivers open; putting the ball where his receiver has a chance to go up and beat his defender, rather than just hitting a talented WR who's got 5 yards separation from the nearest defender.

Conversely, watch Trey Lance's highlights. Take a shot every time you hear "Wide Open" ... if you have a death wish.

I think McKee's not flashy, and doesn't have stunning game tape, but considering what he's got surrounding him, I'd gamble a second round pick that his tool set translates to the pro game. 

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, 4Corners said:

If they burn a first round pick on him Fitts is done 

I don't think Fitt would do that.  If we are going to burn a first on a QB he better have the tools to start, even if it is 2024.  

I am not convinced that any of these QBs are franchise type players.  If Young were taller maybe him but otherwise, they most likely are serviceable.

In our current position I don't think Stroud or Young will be there at our pick.  I would expect us to go with another position of need or possibly trade down and get an extra pick or two. 

• Beer 1