• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why the Panthers NEED Sean Payton..

micnificent28

30 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Agree. I think he would prefer Dallas but unless there is just a monumental collapse in D I don’t think they will fire fat Mike. I think he said the Chargers and the Cardinals? Kingsbury is a dead man walking. Sounds like he wants to get out west on some year round nice weather. 

I think it will be the chargers. Easier QB to work with. 

• Beer 2

13 hours ago, X-Clown said:

This is actually a really horrible reason to want Peyton. If you want someone to pick a running back too high in the draft, you can call hurney or gettleman and I’m sure they’ll come back.

This was a different time in the NFL. Running backs were very utilized then.

1 hour ago, Car123 said:

Yes, in hindsight. At the time, he was considered the consensus #1

And? There were so many better options that were available, both at his position and at others. He's a great coach, but call it what it was, overdrafting of a great college player that turned out be a disappointing pro given where he was drafted. 

Edited by X-Clown

3 hours ago, Snake said:

I think you're pretty safe. No way NO let's him in their division. Payton is going to make Herbert a HOF QB though. 

I'm not saying this to you specifically, but I see this argument all the time about teams not wanting to trade within their division and I really don't understand it.  No team makes a trade they think they are losing out on, within the division or otherwise.  Either you think it's fair and balanced or you think you're getting the better end of it.  Trades are simply an exchange of assets and if you think you're getting more valuable assets from your trade partner than what you're giving up, then wouldn't you be more inclined to trade within the division and essentially "screw over" a rival?  If I'm the Saints, I'd love to take two of the Panthers' 1st round picks off their hands unless I actually think Payton is worth more than that.  In which case, I wouldn't trade him to any team for the same reason.

Like what is the unique logic applied to trading within your division that doesn't apply to trading outside of the division?  Is it something to do with said player/coach having inside knowledge?  Cause you could more-or-less get the same thing from signing some Practice Squad guy or some vet FA bum who previously played for that team.  Is it because that player/coach is gonna get some kind of motivational boost to try and stick it to their previous team?