• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Seatbelt.

Rags

Our 1st round picks have been great the last 3 years. If we get a QB it’s over for the South. Icky is going to be our franchise LT for a very long time. The guy has not given up a sack since week 2 and is still a rookie. Horn is a stud and this is his first real year playing in the league. 

Edited by WarPanthers89
  • Pie 9

Just now, Manna said:

Surtain was abused that day lol

I seen before on this very huddle, they were placing as a leader in the DPOY talks?!??!?!!? My fuging white arse, its like no one watching the games anymore.......Cuba Hubbard ran him OVER even though suisucks had the perfect angle! 

1 hour ago, mav1234 said:

As much as I like and wanted Fields, Horn is exceptional and makes a huge difference on the field.

I hear this but we are the 17th best defense in the NFL right now from a PPG standpoint. Last year we were 18th. We are 18th in interceptions this year, we are 30th in fumbles. This year we have Brown playing much better up the middle and Horn has played most of this season compared to last season. Burns is even better this year, too. And yet, we are a middle of the field defense. DJ Moore is significantly better than Mooney or Claypool and our offensive line absolutely destroys the O-line of the Bears. *IF* Fields were the pick and he developed through two years like he is trending now, with our weapons and much better o-line to protect him I don’t think the defense would be significantly worse and I think our offense would be significantly better. 

Plus, all those drives he extends with his legs when needed would give our defense a rest from all the three an outs we’ve had the past five years. 

If you want a spot to doubt this you can point to Matt Rhule having never developed offensive systems at any stop he’s been in and he has relied on Phil Snow at every level to make a good defense. So there is a chance maybe Fields would still suck here but he lived through Matt Nagy, into a new regime that didn’t put anything around him in year one, and things are still trending up for him. 

Bottom line, our defense has great top end pieces. It’s time to get a top end QB. I can’t wait for the draft. 

• Pie 3