• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QB Will Levis declaring for the NFL draft

TheSpecialJuan

19 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

whats your threshold for size for where you wouldnt draft him?  Its looking now at best he is 5'11 190.  At best.  But other scouts/analyst are pegging him 5'10 180ish.  I dont give 2 chits how he is playing now or who it is against that type of size puts a team behind the 8 ball from the jump for numerous reasons.

Young will not grow taller, but he can add muscle/weight through an NFL training regimen.

• Beer 1

16 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Not true. Kyler Murray knows he himself is too short.

Murray does not equal Young. That's a lazy, sizeist, and possibly racist argument. Young hasn't shown any issues seeing the field. Watching him play, Young keeps his eyes up and scans the field even when scrambling. That's what you want a QB to do instead of taking off and running, isn't it?

5 minutes ago, The Huddler said:

high risk high upside

i say keep drafting QBs till you hit on one

Every draft pick is high risk regardless of position. That said, I agree with you mostly. I don't believe in drafting QBs every year like some of said. I think you have to give a guy time to show he can learn and grow which can take a couple years before moving on. The exception to that would be when a new coach is hired and he wants his own guy.

3 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Murray does not equal Young. That's a lazy, sizeist, and possibly racist argument. Young hasn't shown any issues seeing the field. Watching him play, Young keeps his eyes up and scans the field even when scrambling. That's what you want a QB to do instead of taking off and running, isn't it?

racist?  Dont do that

5 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Size is? Racist?

Height matters at the QB position. It's a serious obstacle. If it wasn't then there wouldn't be so few guys that have been able to pull it off. 

If you are short you are short.

Just now, Catsfan69 said:

Size is? Racist?

Height matters at the QB position. It's a serious obstacle. If it wasn't then there wouldn't be so few guys that have been able to pull it off. 

If you are short you are short.

I provided the Webster's link for the sizeist definition. It surprised me, though it shouldn't had, that it was a real word too. 😄

Flutie was like 5'8" and played pro ball for over 20 years. Being tall isn't everything.

7 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Maybe he should have compared a short white QB and a short black one instead of going for the low hanging fruit. Shoulder Shrug GIF

Now back to your regularly scheduled QB arguments.

That's a stupid argument. You know damn well Kyler was being gassed up here and nationally as the next big deal. 

We are seeing otherwise and I just posted an actual example of his teammates and himself doubting his ability to see the middle of the field from the pocket.

That's the issue. Being able to see the entire field physically not mentally like other guys.

8 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

I provided the Webster's link for the sizeist definition. It surprised me, though it shouldn't had, that it was a real word too. 😄

Flutie was like 5'8" and played pro ball for over 20 years. Being tall isn't everything.

Doug was no elite superstar.

You are coming up with extremely small sample sizes to argue why height doesn't matter. 

It does.