• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bye bye Baker

TN05

12 minutes ago, CRA said:

Last 6 starts 

QB A: 56%, 196 yard avg, 6 TDs, 6 INTs, 1 FL, 1 rush TD

QB B: 57%, 167 yard avg, 3 TDs, 5 INTs, 2 FL, 1 rush TD

* omits Bakers Cincy work and Bakers TB work. 

I have no clue what you're saying in the bold.  You actually did not omit Baker's Cincy work, you very clearly included his 2 TDs from that game otherwise he would be at 4 TDs and 6 INTs.  Also he did not even play in the TB game...are you talking about Sam from last year?

Your wrong statistics aside...so Baker with an infinitely better o-line performed comparably to Sam?  That's the argument you feel good about making?  And that's only if you for some reason disregard Sam's actual productive 4-game stretch to open the 2021 season which doesn't count I guess because "teams didn't have film on Sam yet"...which somehow didn't stop Baker from sucking right out the gate with no film on him. This is such a weird and selective comparison.  Let's just exclude Baker's first 4 starts this season too where all of his TDs came from, so updated QB A numbers: 0 TDs, 3 INTs.

Remember when you argued that Baker's 47 batted passes were because of McAdoo's playcalling?  But then PJ and Sam proceeded to not have that issue somehow?  Funny how that works out.

For the record I agree with you that PJ is probably the best QB on our roster as sad as that is.  I think Darnold has been awful, before you go all "DaRnOlD fAnBoY" on me, but Baker gave us the worst QB play we've had in 3 seasons and no amount of selective (and falsified) statistics are going to refute that.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

57 minutes ago, CRA said:

Sam Darnold is dog poo.  Don't let Baker being dog poo skew that. 

When did I ever imply Darnold is not dog poo?  Why can't you ever engage with what I'm actually saying instead of the strawman that is easier for you to argue against?  

Baker was bigger dog poo than Darnold, who is also dog poo.  Is that put simply enough for you or is anything unclear?

15 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

I have no clue what you're saying in the bold.  You actually did not omit Baker's Cincy work, you very clearly included his 2 TDs from that game otherwise he would be at 4 TDs and 6 INTs.  Also he did not even play in the TB game...are you talking about Sam from last year?

Your wrong statistics aside...so Baker with an infinitely better o-line performed comparably to Sam?  That's the argument you feel good about making?  And that's only if you for some reason disregard Sam's actual productive 4-game stretch to open the 2021 season which doesn't count I guess because "teams didn't have film on Sam yet"...which somehow didn't stop Baker from sucking right out the gate with no film on him. This is such a weird and selective comparison.  Let's just exclude Baker's first 4 starts this season too where all of his TDs came from, so updated QB A numbers: 0 TDs, 3 INTs.

Remember when you argued that Baker's 47 batted passes were because of McAdoo's playcalling?  But then PJ and Sam proceeded to not have that issue somehow?  Funny how that works out.

For the record I agree with you that PJ is probably the best QB on our roster as sad as that is.  I think Darnold has been awful, before you go all "DaRnOlD fAnBoY" on me, but Baker gave us the worst QB play we've had in 3 seasons and no amount of selective (and falsified) statistics are going to refute that.

I will say that our OL started off pretty bad this year during Baker's first couple games.  Week 1 Garrett crushed Icky (and rightfully so, as it was his first start and Garrett is an All-Pro).  Darnold also has a full game with our OL at its peak. When you are looking at the 5 most recent games it probably evens up a little more that I realized.  You are right thought it's cherry picking to skew the data only using only the last 5.  

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

Ewwwwwwww.  That's some bad company right there.

image.png.3f47ce5a0fd0f78acb4450db2b216743.png

So the Clausen comparisons were not as far of. I cannot comprehend how one could play so poorly, especially when we can run and pass protection is at least decent. At least on the surface, he didn't cause any real drama so no ill will. Just didn't work. At all.