• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anthony Richardson declares for the draft

Ricky Spanish

1 hour ago, Verge said:

I think it is worth noting that Florida did not use his skill set ideally and really didn't even start working with his strengths until later in the season. He certainly needs some development, but he can be put in a run first offense that takes advantage of play action and read option and succeed right away. He is not as raw as someone like Malik Willis was. 

The sky is the limit for the young man in the Nfl if, the big if, he puts in the work 

second  thing, a OC who is innovative in his use 

so much people are saying about him, was once said about Newton, Jackson, Fields 

Fields, on his second offense in his second year is starting to thrive  unfortunately he doesn’t have a lot of talent around him   Passing on him, for a damned a CB, a very Rhule like thing to do 

I’d be thrilled with the draft card with his name on it 

Great things weren't said about Mahomes or Allen either but they had tools and the want to

• Pie 3

32 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

You have noticed that the NFL is moving more and more away from the traditional under center offense, haven't you? Here's some stats and here's an article.

Edit: Your precious 3 yards and a cloud of dust is long dead and buried.

Running the ball will never go out of style.

Being able to go to play action from under center is huge.

On 12/6/2022 at 2:43 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

Josh Allen had 1800 passing yards in his final college season before going #7 overall.

Josh also had 2 full seasons of tape and production 

Soph season wasn’t great  but at least he had  a season of meh play on tape to go with the physical ability.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/josh-allen-7.html

7 minutes ago, Varking said:

You write a lot of dumb things as part of your forum character but Richardson not having the arm talent might be the dumbest. 

Lol OK pot.

You think arm talent means a cannon that can throw 80 yds. Essentially an useless skill.

Arm talent means power and velocity yes.

But it also means being able to throw the back shoulder on command. 

Hit recievers in stride in tight trail technique. 

Being able to layer the ball by changing trajectories and velocities. 

Being able to throw an opposite boundary ball in an 20 by 20 inch window over the corner (ala Kyle Allen and Sam Darnold)

Most of this kids completions are to wide ass open guys. The vast vast majority. 

• Poo 1

55 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Josh also had 2 full seasons of tape and production 

Soph season wasn’t great  but at least he had  a season of meh play on tape to go with the physical ability.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/josh-allen-7.html

That's honestly a negative. You would've liked to have seen some improvement.

• Pie 1

26 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That's honestly a negative. You would've liked to have seen some improvement.

Yeah that could be a negative but barley having any college production is more of a negative.. JMO!!

I like the kid talent wise but no college production and limited film and field time is a scary proposition with such a high pick.. Add in not having the staff (right now) to develop a very raw prospect is even scarier..

1 hour ago, Catsfan69 said:

Running the ball will never go out of style.

Right. That's why they have QBs do it now.

1 hour ago, Catsfan69 said:

Being able to go to play action from under center is huge.

Not as much as it once was. The RPO and play action from shotgun are replacing it.

Here's an NFL video for you about winning and running with the shotgun too.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Verge said:

I think it is worth noting that Florida did not use his skill set ideally and really didn't even start working with his strengths until later in the season. He certainly needs some development, but he can be put in a run first offense that takes advantage of play action and read option and succeed right away. He is not as raw as someone like Malik Willis was. 

This is great perspective, thanks, and even more generous than I and others who like have said.  I've come around to him way way more the more I dig.