• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anthony Richardson declares for the draft

Ricky Spanish

9 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

No.  I hope for the best for him but it's hard to get excited about a player that looked terrible in his only action and was then injured.  Not saying we shouldn't give him a chance, but ugh.

Lol you guys really don't understand what 2 to 4 reps a practice makes you look like

14 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Well I explained it earlier then after watching him more I'm warming to the possibility. 

What I don't want is a sub par passer.

I want a Mahomes Burrow Allen Rogers Brady level passer.

I would despise a Lamar Jackson Cam Newton Level passer.

Can he be elite level? I don't care if he ever runs one time for us.

Tom Brady wasn’t a Tom Brady level passer in college. 60% passer with 16 TDs and 6 INTs. (14 TDs to 10 INTs the year prior) If we get the right coaching staff and AR puts in the work to be an elite passer, there is no reason to think he absolutely can’t be. He has the arm and is more than capable to make every pass needed in the NFL. He needs to interview well, and I have no reason to think he won’t from what I’ve seen and read.

• Pie 1

29 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

And Golden Corral doesn't?

Most fans aren’t excited about a 3rd round QB who has been on IR as was drafted by Rhule and his staff that has shown no potential yet (granted it was a VERY small sample size). He just has a lot working against him at this point. If he becomes a franchise QB that will be awesome, especially if it’s in Carolina.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Tom Brady wasn’t a Tom Brady level passer in college. 60% passer with 16 TDs and 6 INTs. (14 TDs to 10 INTs the year prior) If we get the right coaching staff and AR puts in the work to be an elite passer, there is no reason to think he absolutely can’t be. He has the arm and is more than capable to make every pass needed in the NFL. He needs to interview well, and I have no reason to think he won’t from what I’ve seen and read.

His feet are suspect. Not Cam level bad but suspect

Just now, Catsfan69 said:

His feet are suspect. Not Cam level bad but suspect

I agree. He needs some consistency in fundamentals, but that can certainly be coached. I think he was able to get by on pure arm talent and athletic ability in high school. I saw a pretty big improvement in his footwork from game 1 to that FSU game this year already.

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Most fans aren’t excited about a 3rd round QB who has been on IR as was drafted by Rhule and his staff that has shown no potential yet (granted it was a VERY small sample size). He just has a lot working against him at this point. If he becomes a franchise QB that will be awesome, especially if it’s in Carolina.

So a guy who did less in College and hasn't seen one practice in the NFL is exciting?

You understand how illogical that sounds right?

3 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

So a guy who did less in College and hasn't seen one practice in the NFL is exciting?

You understand how illogical that sounds right?

Will Grier did more in college than Josh Allen. Do you think Buffalo fans were more excited about Allen than we were Grier. AR is a pick on potential and the future. How many Corral jerseys were bought last year? 3rd round picks don’t typically get the fans pumped up…

• Pie 2

43 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Well I explained it earlier then after watching him more I'm warming to the possibility. 

What I don't want is a sub par passer.

I want a Mahomes Burrow Allen Rogers Brady level passer.

I would despise a Lamar Jackson Cam Newton Level passer.

Can he be elite level? I don't care if he ever runs one time for us.

I'd say he is similar to Allen and Mahomes coming out as far as arm talent and passing ability goes. He just wasn't used that way. His arm strength and ability to make off platform throws is incredible. 

• Pie 3

10 hours ago, Varking said:

This is such an odd take for a few reasons. 

1. Anyone can say they are a Gator fan and watched him live. It’s like watching clips of YouTube and then going to a forum and saying you were “studying the tape”. 

2. You think he has the same arm mechanics as Cam Newton? If this is accurate to you then you either don’t watch Cam Newton or you don’t watch Anthony Richardson. They don’t have the same arm mechanics. 

3. You say you would take a chance on him “maybe in the 5th” but giving up anything HIGHER than a third would be a waste. So you would take a chance on him in the third and the fourth as well? You are either willing to draft a kid or you aren’t. So you agree you would take him, you would just prefer we steal him in the mid to late rounds vs where he is actually going to go, which is in the first or second round. 

1.Ayeeee is what it is bro .. ask your mom 

2. never said his mechanics are like cams .. he is a poor man’s version of a poor man’s cam .. if that helps 

3. generally picks after 5th round or pass are project picks .. im for one always express taking a qb every year aroujd 5-7th because of the value of the position..(only rounds I would see any value for ar15) 

If you pick him in the 1st you will be very very pissed 

2nd round: pissed 

3rd round: still kinda of pissed 

4th round: meh lame 

5th round: maybe I can see 

6th round: fug it 

7th round: why not 

he is a good kid and can run the ball very well .. cant read a defense fast enough and make touch passes short or deep. 

wish nothing but the best for you 2 , seem like a great couple 

29 minutes ago, Leotiger said:

1.Ayeeee is what it is bro .. ask your mom 

2. never said his mechanics are like cams .. he is a poor man’s version of a poor man’s cam .. if that helps 

3. generally picks after 5th round or pass are project picks .. im for one always express taking a qb every year aroujd 5-7th because of the value of the position..(only rounds I would see any value for ar15) 

If you pick him in the 1st you will be very very pissed 

2nd round: pissed 

3rd round: still kinda of pissed 

4th round: meh lame 

5th round: maybe I can see 

6th round: fug it 

7th round: why not 

he is a good kid and can run the ball very well .. cant read a defense fast enough and make touch passes short or deep. 

wish nothing but the best for you 2 , seem like a great couple 

1. Stupid comment. 

2. This is ridiculous and it tells me you haven’t actually watched Cam and you definitely haven’t watched Anthony Richardson. I got excited at the start of reading your post thinking we had a second Florida fan here with me but it’s clear you are just making it up. 

3. Wish nothing but the best for us 2? First you comment “ask your mom” and you end with “you two guys make a great couple”… you are being super sexually weird. We need a better process to screen children here. 

PS: I have been asking for us to draft CJ Stroud. Not Richardson. 

1 hour ago, JVic said:

There's 39 pages of dialogue on sorry ass Anthony Richardson.  Y'all need a hobby. 

I have several, among them is talking about/following my favorite football team, which includes potential draft picks. Ignore the thread if you don't like it. There's plenty of threads on the Huddle I don't follow, just ignore what you don't care about.

• Pie 2