• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anthony Richardson declares for the draft

Ricky Spanish

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Smart move. Someone will take a shot at him in the 1st. But if he came back to college for another year and didn't make a leap his stock would probably plummet. The risk/reward for him heavily favors the draft. Hell, if he interviews well it wouldn't be surprising to see him go top 10.

I would be stunned if he went in the top 10.  I think the best case scenario for him is around where Kenny Pickett went.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

so what's the story with him?  before the season, he was a hot name, but seems like I remember him not doing well early and was falling down draft boards, but he got better through the season?

Top tier athlete with a cannon arm but needs to be developed to be a consistent passer.  A very raw version of Cam.

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

so what's the story with him?  before the season, he was a hot name, but seems like I remember him not doing well early and was falling down draft boards, but he got better through the season?

We have no talent around him at Florida. Dan Mullen leaving and forgetting to recruit the year before left the team pretty barren. Our two best players on offense were a RG that came from Louisiana with Napier and a RB that came from Louisiana with Napier lol. 

Our #1 WR until He got hurt was a transfer from ASU who had like a 400 yard season the year before. Knowing that, and that we play in the SEC he was never going to put up monster numbers. 

During his last game folks here got to tune in and see a raw player who had the ball hit his WRs in the hands on mostly catchable balls and his completion percentage was terrible. He’s not super accurate but his team majorly let him down and I think his numbers would look a lot better on an NFL team vs the Gators. 

• Pie 7
  • Beer 1

His rushing should give his offense a decently high floor, not too different from how the Giants use Danny Dimes. He’ll get beat up, though, and his passing is definitely going to set a low ceiling, at least at first. I wouldn’t expect those early Cam 300-yard games. But depending on where we end up he could be a great pick.

• Pie 1

Dude has some GREAT pocket awareness, feels pressure well and moves around to avoid defenders while keeping his eyes downfield. He even steps up in the pocket instead of bailing backwards.

Dude has a canon arm too. Like flick of the wrist and ball goes 50 yards. 

He has all the potential in the world to be a great QB, but would we have the staff to develop him?

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1