• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anthony Richardson declares for the draft

Ricky Spanish

I’m a gator fan and I have watched him live… he is not a qb.. but a very good athlete… he needs revamped arm mechanics, think poor man’s cam (but like last year cam)… he ain’t it maybe in the 5th sure … give up anything higher then a 3rd it will be a waste 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Leotiger said:

I’m a gator fan and I have watched him live… he is not a qb.. but a very good athlete… he needs revamped arm mechanics, think poor man’s cam (but like last year cam)… he ain’t it maybe in the 5th sure … give up anything higher then a 3rd it will be a waste 

This is such an odd take for a few reasons. 

1. Anyone can say they are a Gator fan and watched him live. It’s like watching clips of YouTube and then going to a forum and saying you were “studying the tape”. 

2. You think he has the same arm mechanics as Cam Newton? If this is accurate to you then you either don’t watch Cam Newton or you don’t watch Anthony Richardson. They don’t have the same arm mechanics. 

3. You say you would take a chance on him “maybe in the 5th” but giving up anything HIGHER than a third would be a waste. So you would take a chance on him in the third and the fourth as well? You are either willing to draft a kid or you aren’t. So you agree you would take him, you would just prefer we steal him in the mid to late rounds vs where he is actually going to go, which is in the first or second round. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

If this dude shows the ability to process defenses and interviews well how the hell could you not draft that?   He barely threw that thing. 

Right??

Admittedly it's highlights but many of his highlights are just effortless throws across the field, deep down field, etc.

Interviews with him will be soo important, and while he's not my #1, I'd be stoked if we drafted him and got a promising offense oriented HC...

• Pie 2

I really, really want to fall in love with Richardson as "our guy". I haven't watched a ton of him, but do feel that his game vs. FSU is who you're getting. 

Flashes of eye-popping ability, but mostly inconsistent play that makes you wanting more of the flashes. Odds are he blows away the combine and pro day, has solid interviews and goes top-12. 

• Pie 3