• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Happy for Baker?

NAS

24 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Well, that is the difference between competent offensive coaching and incompetent offensive coaching. 

Like this?

Sean’s protection scheme is similar to Bill Callahan’s, who I had in Cleveland,” Mayfield said. “So, the terminology with that, that knocks out a big chunk of the learning curve. And just trying to learn all the motions and the terminology for that — it’s tough. But those guys did a great job of helping me out, communicating with me when I got off the field on the sideline and just talking through the plays that were coming up.”

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

I'm in the "good for Baker" camp.  He was great here as a teammate, did everything he could to help out.  The offensive system sucks.  It was not suited to Baker at all.  Last night, he did a LOT of play action, hitting the middle of the field on intermediate passes.  That's his strength.  McVay played to his strengths.  

Man, it's almost as if coaching is a major contributing factor to the success of a QB.  Good for Baker.  Hopefully he plays the Rams down in the draft and is able to feel redeemed as he moves to his next stop.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 4

3 hours ago, NAS said:

I am genuinely happy for Baker. He had the most important game of his career last night, literally balled out on two days notice to show that he can still play. 

I am also still totally fine we let him go because we need to start fresh.  Sure, he looked like trash under Rhule and McAdoo. It’s really an indictment of the offensive system and hopefully highlights how important it is to have a great head coach and the right offense.  So the narrative is that it was a bad environment and a bad fit and that’s true.  

However, I still think Baker has several limitations that were exposed that indicate he will never be more than an average QB in this league.  I hope we can do better in the upcoming draft. 

He looked like trash bc of rhule. Id honestly take mcdaniels over rhule