• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Happy for Baker?

NAS

Good for Baker. I was happy and a little shocked watching that last drive. 

That said, remember when Darnold was balling out through the first 3 games last year and everyone thought we jobbed the Jets? That’s how the Rams feel right now.  Let’s see how they finish. 

• Beer 2

17 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

Remember when I told everyone before the season began to not blame the players, blame the coaches? Yeah this is just yet another example of that.

Yep, and when the coaches are that miserable you also look at the GM. They all need to go.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Yep, and when the coaches are that miserable you also look at the GM. They all need to go.

Its not the GM`s responsibility to coach. Like I said many times, Fitt has brought in so much value that the coaches have shat all over. Baker is just one of those examples.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

Just now, KillerKat said:

Its not the GM`s responsibility to coach. Like I said many times, Fitt has brought in so much value that the coaches have shat all over. Baker is just one of those examples.

But it is the GMs responsibility to put the right coaches in place...Fitts has failed miserably at that task. Keeping him is a sign that nothing will change. 

4 hours ago, NAS said:

I am genuinely happy for Baker. He had the most important game of his career last night, literally balled out on two days notice to show that he can still play. 

I am also still totally fine we let him go because we need to start fresh.  Sure, he looked like trash under Rhule and McAdoo. It’s really an indictment of the offensive system and hopefully highlights how important it is to have a great head coach and the right offense.  So the narrative is that it was a bad environment and a bad fit and that’s true.  

However, I still think Baker has several limitations that were exposed that indicate he will never be more than an average QB in this league.  I hope we can do better in the upcoming draft. 

I couldn't have said it better.  Baker has limitations but he was a star last night.  Hopefully you watched the game.  I watched it all.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Dog Runner said:

Still only put 17 points on the board.  Hardly anything to get excited about.  Defense won that game.  If you can limit opponents to 16 pts a game,  you should win every game

You do realize he got to LA on Tuesday right? What he did was unprecedented on an NFL level at the quarterback position. Look at the reactions from players and fans who watched the game, they know how truly special it was. I think you're sorta missing the point.

And I do agree that coaching played a huge role in Baker's performance. Anyone notice any batted balls? I watched most of the game, there were none that I saw. Thats because he was taking deep drops on a lot of play action fakes,  not quick pass RPOs.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

To me, last night's game shows that Macadoo - doo is more of the problem than Baker was.  His scheme is predicable, out of date, and he basically never gave Baker a chance to cook.  He was the same way with PJ, and I imagine it will end up like that with Sam.

Wilkes needs to get this job.  If he can finish with 7 wins after cleaning up the mess from Rhule and Macadoo-doo he is a legit NFL coach.  Provide us with a competent OC, and we are in the playoffs next season.

• Pie 2

13 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

But it is the GMs responsibility to put the right coaches in place...Fitts has failed miserably at that task. Keeping him is a sign that nothing will change. 

Head coaches generally manage their own staff. It’s not coincidence that once Rhule and his guys were out the team looks night and day different. Mcadoo still sucks but what offensive coordinator with a better resume wanted to work for Rhule? Who wanted to be Joe Brady 2? Nobody.  Fitterer’s hands were tied til Fhule was gone. He was a brand new gm walking in with a head coach with a contract giving him roster sayso…that includes coaching staff.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

He played great for such short prep time of maybe a day. Obviously the Rams have better coaching anyhow so not surprised. The whole system with our Panthers reeks of crap that needs to be flushed down the toilet as far as some of the coaches go. I would get rid of most everyone and then consider Wilks of course in an interview as a candidate and also interview many others to be very careful and selective who we hire this go around. Baker's performance shows we need to really interview and think hard into who we hire this time. I don't have the answer for that but I do know we don't need to hire another fast talking car salesman short order cook who has a 57 year process he slowly wants to initiate.

• Pie 2