• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dalton Kincaid TE

MHS831

42 minutes ago, mickeye76 said:

I say let the chips fall as they may and take the guy who falls.   Tight ends like Rbs are slightly devalued, very good talent will be available in the third at TE and RB. after mayer, kincaid, Washington, Kraft and Musgrave you got Laporta and others.  Same with RBs after Gibbs and Robinson there will be like 5 RBS that could be productive. 

Really good TEs are an improvement, but we have 4 TEs who are OK--so I am not sure if you take a TE later.  We really do not have a TE who is an offensive weapon that DCs worry about. 

I agree with RB--put your $$ in the OL and the RB and the QB get better.

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

Really good TEs are an improvement, but we have 4 TEs who are OK--so I am not sure if you take a TE later.  We really do not have a TE who is an offensive weapon that DCs worry about. 

I agree with RB--put your $$ in the OL and the RB and the QB get better.

I was just saying how I don't really see too many TE's this year that will warrant that premium pick. Mayer looks like money a likely 1st round pick. after that 2 might be 2nd round worthy.  the third is where I start looking for sleepers and value. I honestly think tremble could produce given a more reliable QB. 

On 1/16/2023 at 5:04 PM, ECHornet said:

The more I watch of Mayer and Kincaid, the less separation exists imo. Kincaid is a more fluid runner, but Mayer is listed around 25lbs heavier. Both are great options. 

Mayer is a really good TE…was dominant last season.  He isn’t an amazing blocker and he isn’t an amazing receiver.  Above average in both IMO at the NFL level but there a lot of really good TEs in this draft.   Our late second rounder should bring a good player that is better than anything we have.  Not going to hype Mayer but he is about as safe a pick as there is…he will be good.  

Brock Bowers is a great TE.  He is special IMO.  He should go really high next year.

Edited by Shocker
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Shocker said:

Mayer is a really good TE…was dominant last season.  He isn’t an amazing blocker and he isn’t an amazing receiver.  Above average in both IMO at the NFL level but there a lot of really good TEs in this draft.   Our late second rounder should bring a good player that is better than anything we have.  Not going to hype Mayer but he is about as safe a pick as there is…he will be good.  

Brock Bowers is a great TE.  He is special IMO.  He should go really high next year.

I’ll be thrilled if we come away from the ‘24 draft with any of Maye, Williams, Harrison Jr, or Bowers. Looking like a strong draft at the top. Deep with high ceiling QBs too.