• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College Bowl Games

jayboogieman

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This is why I'm out on Levis. Levis will be 24 when he plays his first NFL game.

These types of comparisons are why people have wildly unreasonable expectations. 

24 is young for an NFL QB, rookie or not. 

When people objected to a 29 year old Chris Wienke, that was understandable. 

5 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

These types of comparisons are why people have wildly unreasonable expectations. 

24 is young for an NFL QB, rookie or not. 

When people objected to a 29 year old Chris Wienke, that was understandable. 

It's not the age in terms of career length that concerns me. It's the ave in terms of development. Levis is basically going to be drafted on athletic potential as a raw lump of clay. He shouldn't be so raw at 24. Guys like Hooker, Pickett, etc. absolutely lit it up at a similar age because they were literal men among boys. That's not Levis.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's not the age in terms of career length that concerns me. It's the ave in terms of development. Levis is basically going to be drafted on athletic potential as a raw lump of clay. He shouldn't be so raw at 24. Guys like Hooker, Pickett, etc. absolutely lit it up at a similar age because they were literal men among boys. That's not Levis.

Levis should be further along in his development because of the type of offense he was in. But, as always, that is 50% dependent on the player and 50% dependent on the situation they end up in.

Levis is a much better prospect than basically anyone in the 2021 class, which admittedly is a very low bar. 

I would have no issue taking a late first or second round gamble on him at all. Once we start talking top 10 I am backing away from that table. He doesn't have the 95+% bust potential that Richardson does but he is far from a finished, risk-free product.

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Hooker is probably a 2nd to 4th round pick post injury, unfortunately for him. He might have been a guy that could have cracked the first round.

Very unfortunate to see that happen for him.

Which might be good for us.  If we resign Darnold, pick up a player in the first at another position of need (Defensive End perhaps), and maybe take a chance on Hooker in the second.  

6 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Hooker is probably a 2nd to 4th round pick post injury, unfortunately for him. He might have been a guy that could have cracked the first round.

Very unfortunate to see that happen for him.

I think he was probably a late 2nd to 3rd rounder type pre-injury. Post-injury honestly the 4th might be his ceiling. Sucks for the kid and I hate it for him. Seems like a really good dude.