• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College Bowl Games

jayboogieman

1 hour ago, jayboogieman said:

Penn St broke out the Wing T and it got them a TD

I wish we saw more of this, absolutely awesome legacy formation but it's also effective. Old time offenses used to be based largely on misdirection, I think some of these old formations could still be pretty effective in short yardage situations and generally inside the 10 if you can successfully confuse the defense on where the ball actually went. By the time they figure it out it'll be too late, and running formations a defense hasn't defended since high school (if ever) at the latest is sure to already have them a bit startled. The Chiefs break out vintage plays like this from time to time as well.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, beo said:

I wish we saw more of this, absolutely awesome legacy formation but it's also effective. Old time offenses used to be based largely on misdirection, I think some of these old formations could still be pretty effective in short yardage situations and generally inside the 10 if you can successfully confuse the defense on where the ball actually went. By the time they figure it out it'll be too late, and running formations a defense hasn't defended since high school (if ever) at the latest is sure to already have them a bit startled. The Chiefs break out vintage plays like this from time to time as well.

Yeah, it would be nice to see more teams break out those old formations and plays. These days it seems everyone wants the spread/air raid and read option stuff only.

Edited by jayboogieman
  • Pie 1