• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Attacking “glass half full” posters after a loss…

Wundrbread33

3 hours ago, Wundrbread33 said:

I guess, for me, is that my view/enthusiasm/attitude for this team changed a poo ton after Rhule was fired, and that feeling of liberation hasn’t worn off (for me). 

Getting rid of him nearly felt like a playoff win in some strange way. Seeing the teams attitude change, and seeing them continue to compete has some positives in it, and yes the division is poo, by hypothetically stumbling into a division title and having a playoff game…that would enhance the Rhule firing even more. 

Sam has taken care of the ball better than I thought, but this team still lacks a QB and a better play caller at least. I don’t think as many people are seriously delusional enough to see this as a Super Bowl team, but they just want the little wins as they come. 

One of my favorite teams growing up was the 99’ team, with Beurlein, Moose, Walls, Jeffers. They only went 8-8, but they made it exciting down the stretch. I mean that’s a “failing” year, but it was entertaining and I have good memories of it. 

So if enjoying something better than our awful Rhule start is delusional, I guess add me to the group. But I don’t think that is accurate.

I think delusional is what Cowboys fans have been for the last 20 years. 

Look we are all here. No one wants to see the Panthers suck long term. Some just want a moral victory while others a new strategy with winning consistently in the future. 

• Flames 2

12 minutes ago, Snake said:

Look we are all here. No one wants to see the Panthers suck long term. Some just want a moral victory while others a new strategy with winning consistently in the future. 

I don’t see those as mutually exclusive. 

There’s a lot to like about this team currently, while also desiring better moving forward. 

I’d kill for the offensive creativity of Miami right now for example.

But I think it’s okay to want to take the division even if it’s a poo division. I’d love to get to the playoffs, and possibly have a day when our run game and line is clicking and maybe we steal one. poo can happen. 

I also understand that sometimes you need to go backwards to go forwards (like losing early forcing Tep to fire Rhule).

We all want to see the team win, but I don’t watch games hoping we lose. If I’m watching I want a win, and if we lose I can celebrate a better draft pick during the week. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

27 minutes ago, Snake said:

Its not really a new strategy.   Its simply dont do stupid poo like trade for darnold, sign teddy, trade for baker, trade for henderson etc and build your team and qb through the draft.  Its a time tested method in the nfl.  We have been trying to cut corners for the past 3 years and its blown up in our face.  Stop doing stupid poo, its that simple.  Scout the fuging players and make smart fuging choices.

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, panthers55 said:

The problem with that logic is assuming that everyone picked top 5 will be better than guys picked from 10-15 and they will be better than guys picked at 20-25 and that isn't true even most of the time. And as you note we have had good QB options in the past in the draft and passed.  So who is to say that we will jump on one of the top qbs this year. It surely isn't worth rooting for losses. Now I agree that when we lose I justify it by the fact we get a better draft pick. But it isn't my preferred scenario. And honestly if we make the playoffs it will give a lot of young players needed playoff experience which I see as very valuable and something that will happen versus sucking and hoping for a high draft hoping again we use it for a QB which may or may not happen.

My logic is that QB is the most important position in football. If we pick high we have a better shot at the guy we identify as our guy. When you pick 24th you are at the mercy of the rest of the league. That’s my logic. As simple as that. 

1 minute ago, Varking said:

My logic is that QB is the most important position in football. If we pick high we have a better shot at the guy we identify as our guy. When you pick 24th you are at the mercy of the rest of the league. That’s my logic. As simple as that. 

If we are picking 24th maybe QB isn't the problem.  But I get your point.  Apparently there wasn't anyone in this draft they feel as strongly about as you to worry about draft position.